• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

Nevermind. I found my own fix! I added the word "I'm" to the dictionary manually. Presto! No problem now!
This doesn't quite work for me, never had the issue in leak 1 now if I try to type "if" or "id" (basically those two keys together) in that particular order too, typing "did" is fine it just sticks and will force close.
I added "if" "I'd" and any other variation using those keys I could think of to the user dictionary and still does it. Anyone have a fix for this? Kind of annoying and I prefer the compact qwerty.

Upvote 0
I've been experiencing occasional "Totally missed calls".

* The phone does NOT ring or vibrate.
* There is NO missed call indicator
* There is NO entry in the call history log that the person ever called
* If they leave a voice-mail - the VM notifications does function properly.

Anybody else experiencing this?
It happens once in a while - no consistency.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I've been experiencing occasional "Totally missed calls".

* The phone does NOT ring or vibrate.
* There is NO missed call indicator
* There is NO entry in the call history log that the person ever called
* If they leave a voice-mail - the VM notifications does function properly.

Anybody else experiencing this?
It happens once in a while - no consistency.

Thanks
did you ever change the slot cycle? I had a few of those too until I changed it, running mine on 0 and the wifes on 1 (default is 2). I don't remember the exact steps but if you search for "slot cycle index" it will pop up there are a couple threads with instructions. Not hard to do.

Reactions: jhug
Upvote 0
So since I did the update I cannot get my Eris to mount to my Mac. It did it yesterday, but would unmount if I touched the phone. It tried to briefly today but I still cannot get it to mount. I went to setting and set it up to ask me, set the default to disk drive and still nothing. Even tried restarting the phone. I dunno if anyone else has had this issue, I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Can someone help.

Upvote 0
I've tried to read through most of the posts here so bear with me if these have been pointed out/ answered:

Minor issues since installing leak v2-
  1. I cannot get my POP mail from my domain (Godaddy) webmail to push to the phone. Following the same instructions used to setup previously when using 1.5
  2. I thought any text input field could be populated with a voice to text?
Any ideas?

So far everything else has been good. NAVI worked great this morning and overall happy but these issues are the first noticeable ones.

Thank for your help.

Upvote 0
I've tried to read through most of the posts here so bear with me if these have been pointed out/ answered:

Minor issues since installing leak v2-
  1. I cannot get my POP mail from my domain (Godaddy) webmail to push to the phone. Following the same instructions used to setup previously when using 1.5
  2. I thought any text input field could be populated with a voice to text?
Any ideas?

So far everything else has been good. NAVI worked great this morning and overall happy but these issues are the first noticeable ones.

Thank for your help.

OK quick update, the POP mail thing is no longer an issue. I just setup Gmail to fetch my mail from there. Never knew I could basically disguise Gmail as whatever e-mail address I felt like. Awesome.

Upvote 0
I am beginning to think that many of the issues people are having with the 2.1 leaks have to do with an issue related to Android memory management or apps that are not playing well with each other on the device.
The only real issues I have had are lag associated with the dialer and running apps.

Anyone notice 2 and 3 instances of the same app/program running at the same time? I have.

Upvote 0
Well I finally got tired of waiting for the OTA and installed leak 2. The instructions here are pretty decent. Things went slightly different for me. What I have found is that the HTC Sync software would not work with a standard USB mini cable I had to actually use the one that comes with the charger for it to work right. It will charge but I could not get the software to see my phone so I could restore my contacts. (yes I had debugging turned on)
I am restoring my data to the flash card right now. It seems to run pretty smooth. Overall it looks very simular to 1.5

I like the new market, much more visually pleasing as is the settings menu. Really looking forward to the final release OTA when it finally graces us with its presence.

Upvote 0
I noticed that when swype is selected I can't use pinch to do wnything, i asked the queztion a little bit ago but now I realize what caused it. Other then that 2.1 is awesome. Anyone know what the program is called where you csn tilt your phone and the pictures in your albums will angle to look 3d? Sorry if these have been asked and answeted i do not have a computet but I searched withmy Eris the best i could, to no avail.

Upvote 0
Reading mixed messages. Can someone confirm they were able to successfully connect to Exchange server and get their emails and calendar synched OTA?

I'm using Exchange mail and calendar on 2.1v2 and it's working fine. I've had it working both on a timer and "as items arrive" (push). I heard other folks having problems on both 1.5 & 2.1, and it sounds like it depends a lot on your Exchange server's settings.

Upvote 0
I noticed that when swype is selected I can't use pinch to do wnything, i asked the queztion a little bit ago but now I realize what caused it. Other then that 2.1 is awesome. Anyone know what the program is called where you csn tilt your phone and the pictures in your albums will angle to look 3d? Sorry if these have been asked and answeted i do not have a computet but I searched withmy Eris the best i could, to no avail.

It's called "Gallery": Android Gallery -> photoSlide v1.0.0 Application for Android | Multimedia

Has some minor bugs, however. But really cool visually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones