1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Caddyman, Mar 4, 2010.

1. gsd0519

gsd0519 Lurker

I uninstalled Google Goggles, restarted, and now it works again.

2 Google applications fighting each other???

Advertisement

2. BaBaBooey

BaBaBooey Newbie

I'm aware that Android is derived from Linux. But my question is, why there is not a way to wipe our devises and install any version OS we desire?
    I was a long time BB user and forum cruiser, and frequently wiped my BB to install the latest and greatest.
    I may be thinking too simply here or maybe just my lack of Android experience.
    Just looking for some input. Caddyman will probably answer it for me...

3. Romparoo

Romparoo Android Enthusiast

LOL, I was thinking the same thing about an hour ago. I am sure this is not possible otherwise it would have been done.

I was thinking can't we/HTC just completely wipe the phone with no software on it except what is needed to load the OS?

4. gsd0519

gsd0519 Lurker

Sorry, wrong thread and can't figure out how to delete this post.

5. gsd0519

gsd0519 Lurker

After nearly a week I think I've found a way to remove the facebook and all other needless contacts from my People list. This includes Phone, Messaging andSearch.

1) Backed up my gmail contacts just in case
    2) When to People > Menu and unchecked the "Show auto Gmail Contacts"
    3) Settings > Accounts and Settings > Facebook: uncheck Sync Contacts
    4) I went to:
    Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > People: Clear data (rolodex icon)
    Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > People: Clear data (phone icon)
    Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > Dialer: Clear data (phone icon)
    Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > Contacts Storage: Clear data (folder sorter icon)
    Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > People Widget: Clear data (phone icon)

5) Settings > Accounts and Sync > Google > Sync Now (may take a little while)

You should have a pure Google Contacts list. With only My Contacts or Contacts you have Grouped. (Still can't find a way to choose specific Groups like in 1.5)

If you turn Facebook Contact Sync back on you may have another mess. Haven't tried that yet!

Good luck.

6. cfoley23

cfoley23 Member

im sorry if this as been posted but i dont have time to search. im running 2.1v3 and every time im on the home screen and lean my phone to the left, the screens automatically scroll to the last one. same thing happens when the phone is vertical when tying and the cursor moves back to the beginning. any ideas on what might be causing this?

7. cmonster

cmonster Member

Is this just a dumb bug or by design? Either way, stupidest thing ever.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews