• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

any ideas on how to export my contact list from gmail to my phone manually since it fails to sync through my phone?

Try logging in to your Gmail account on the computer.
Export your contacts that you saved to a .CSV file and save it on your desktop.

Google search a ".CSV to Vcard converter" and convert the file to Vcard.
I know that the phone can import Vcards, so maybe you can either:
A: save the converted Vcard to your SD card and import it
or
B: I have no other ideas!

:thinking:

EDIT: try this link http://dennismueller.org/blog/2009/03/csv-to-vcard-conversion-tool/

Upvote 0
I have had the pinch zoom bug, having to relog into gmail everytime I restart.

The 228 fixed all my signal problems! I was sitting in my house which is 200 yards from a cell tower with 1 bar, now i have full service.

i enjoy most aspects, the freaking navigator is AWESOME, works perfect, i used it to drive home from work and it was down to the foot correct on turns and such. Before we only had text directions, no real gps directions.

I second what was said about restoring..DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM SETTINGS!

Upvote 0
One thing I noticed while playing with settings is that you can turn off the haptic feedback for the soft keys (home, menu, back and search) by going to settings>sound and display> uncheck haptic feedback. I know some people on here were looking for that option on 1.5. If only that would do the dial pad also.....

Upvote 0
Try logging in to your Gmail account on the computer.
Export your contacts that you saved to a .CSV file and save it on your desktop.

Google search a ".CSV to Vcard converter" and convert the file to Vcard.
I know that the phone can import Vcards, so maybe you can either:
A: save the converted Vcard to your SD card and import it
or
B: I have no other ideas!

:thinking:

EDIT: try this link CSV to vCard Conversion Tool | Psychobabble

I'll try this now

EDIT: It makes a seperate .vcf file for each contact Is that right?

Upvote 0
Have you looked into your google sync issues?

I've tried removing the account, and it wont allow me and says I need to go to Settings > About Phone in order to reset the phone to factory defaults. I couldn't locate that. I also Tried adding another account to no luck. It's odd, it started up and read everything fine when I put 2.1 on. But how/why did it partially read all of my contacts? ...makes me think what else did it not finish

Upvote 0
Handcent has been screwing around with me. Texts will not send until you resend it or they simply won't send at all. *228 did not work for me. It would ring, I'd press 1 or 2, it would start updating, then say update failed. The voice will say "sorry, your phone can not be updated at this time. Please call *such and such number* from a landline..."

Simply, I just stopped using Handcent and went back to stock. I miss the quick reply pop up, but...it's no biggie.

The sound went out for the second time today. YouTube did not work. It seems the mic is affected as well. Googe voice search does not work. YouTube videos play, but with no sound. I don't think notifications play. Phone calls are silent; no ringing, no voice. It seems they do go through, though.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily. The Moto Droid 2.1 doesn't have 5 screens.

Stock Home on the Eris 2.1 is only 3 screens.

Yeah i saw that. I was running Home before and was going to run it again after the update but was a little dissapointed when I saw it still only had 3 screens. Luckily Sense runs alot smoother on 2.1 so I will probably stick with that.... At least until we get some form of root :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones