• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris automatically scrolling to the left....

Zerox8610

May 3, 2010
So I was up one night, with my rooted eris. Lying in bed, texting my girlfriend because she refused to let me sleep, I thought nothing of it. My phone was plugged in, and I fell asleep on top of it >.<

Now most of the time my phone will automatically scroll to the left.
I have reset my phone and tried other ROMs and it's all the same. I read in the forums that there is no fix but that was as of 5-xx-10

So i was wondering.... Is there a fix now or am I going to have to get a new phone??

And if i do have to get a new phone... Would it be a refurb or would it be a NEW phone???

Well they discontinued it. Meaning they stop selling it. They still have refurbished HTC Erises.

They just might offer you a different device if you get the right person. (Thats even if you even want a different device.)

I would LOVE a new device. But I also thought they stopped carrying Refurb Eris' as well.... So im a little confused

Upvote 0
You should Root - it will fix everything

There are some Left handed custom ROMS that will prevent all Right Scrolling Problems

Root will also automatically re-sync the sensors in the phone, tricking them into thinking the phone is moving Right - thus causing the ball to Move Left to compensate. It seems complicated, but it's not

Rooting - it will fix everything - seriously!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones