• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris battery not so bad?

Termin8

Nov 23, 2009
I know, I know. Another thread about the Eris battery?
But...this one is a little different.
Yesterday, I decided to run the battery until it died and got a big surprise. As the battery meter goes down, it eventually goes to an amber color and finally red. I was amazed how much battery is still left after the meter gets to the amber stage. I was able to watch The Dark Night completely after the meter was in the amber stage. It died quickly thereafter but I gotta say, I was quite surprised at how much power is still available at such a low meter reading.

I know, I know. Another thread about the Eris battery?
But...this one is a little different.
Yesterday, I decided to run the battery until it died and got a big surprise. As the battery meter goes down, it eventually goes to an amber color and finally red. I was amazed how much battery is still left after the meter gets to the amber stage. I was able to watch The Dark Night completely after the meter was in the amber stage. It died quickly thereafter but I gotta say, I was quite surprised at how much power is still available at such a low meter reading.

further proof our battery issue is software related.

Upvote 0
Same deal here, I'm getting very good battery life out of my Eris.. after a full charge the indicator does go down fairly quickly but it is non-linear; when it gets down low it lasts quite a while longer than you would think.

Just the opposite of my car's fuel gauge; the last quarter of a tank (indicated) goes a lot more quickly than the first quarter.

Upvote 0
I agree! I'm still trying to condition my battery (phone is only 5 days old) and yesterday the amber light came on when I left work at 4:30 and I had regular use all night including a few phone calls. At 9:30 I finally starting playing videos on it to get the battery to die completely so I could charge it when I went to bed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones