• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Battery performance

RyanCO

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
Please give your feed back. How long are you getting after a full charge?

I got just shy of 48 hrs between charges, but used the phone, browser, texts sparodically totaling about 3.5 hrs.

Is it a realistic expectation for me to only get 3-4 hours of actuall use from a charge? I love the Eris, but the battery issues are pushing me to go back to a Blackberry if I can't get better battery performance.

I feel the same way. I went through this with the Storm 1 and after a few updates the phone was in good condition. I really like the Eris, but I wonder what the update on 12/11 will produce. I can make it through the day with my battery from 6am-8pm. I actually ordered 1750mah battery from Ebay. I am waiting for it to arrive. I hope it fits and extends my battery life. I use my phone often throughout the day and can not put up with the battery not making it a full day.

Upvote 0
i dont know exactly how much i use it but i unplug it at 7:30 and have to plug it back in at 4:00 after school with about 10% battery left.

i am not happy with the battery life. although it is my first smart phone so it may be normal that it goes down so fast considering how much i use it ... no more than 3.5 hours.

i have already had to go back to the Verizon store because it was dead by second period (11:00) after a full nights charge.

Upvote 0
Got mine the first weekend it came out and i haven't had any problems with battery. I monitored my settings the first week and tweaked stuff, but the battery lasts close to 36 hrs with moderate to heavy use (texts, calls, maps, a little browsing (fantasy football), emails, etc.). I honestly couldn't be happier with the phone, but i am excited about 2.0+ early next year.

Daily usage:
-Unplug at 6:30am
-45 minute commute
-Calls, text, email, games, maps, browse web, use camera thru the day (probably 3 total hrs.)
-3G always on, GPS on for maps, etc.
-Home from work 5:30pm ~65%
-More of the same (probably 2 hrs or so)
-Talk for about 2 hrs at night using BT and plug back in ~midnight at anywhere from 15%-30%

I don't use my phone a ton during the day except for notifications (email and text) but i do use it and have been really happy with the performance of the phone and battery. I think it's a pretty slick phone!

Oh yeah. I live in CO and snowboard at the resorts. The phone lasts all day despite the spotty coverage you get up there. I sms, mms, music, and use the camera, as well as browser, trail map apps, etc. I hope everyone gives this phone a shot, but i agree if you are fed up try a new one or get a different phone.

Upvote 0
This is my 3rd day with this phone. Unplug around 7~8am. Current with update and have done most recommendations from the battery life thread. Have apps installed like advanced task killer (free), battery life, barcode scanner, spare parts, sports tap. I would say it gets moderate use out of it with txting, few voice calls, some browser, email and maps. Normally hits around 20-15% charge at 7~8pm. So 12 hours of up time with moderate usage doesnt seem very good to me, but this is my first smart phone and maybe I dont know what Im talking about. But based on what I hear about battery life from other smart phone users, it isn't very good.

I definitely dont want to return because I am happy with everything but the battery. So I will continue to experiment and hopefully when the 2.0 update arrives, it will have a battery fix to help give me a little extra time out of it.

Upvote 0
I got mine yesterday, charged it, activated it, played with it for a couple hours (configuring, downloading, web, games). Played with it for a couple hours this morning, was down to about half battery, charged it, played with it for a couple more hours more, got home, played with it for a couple hours more intensively, was down to about 40%, and am charging it now. I don't really feel like it's cramping my style, but then again before I got the Eris my now ex-BlackBerry's battery was crapping out to where I would have to charge it at least twice a day. So maybe I'm just used to it. Oh well, at least all my mini USB chargers still work. And my phone is so much cooler now. But I'm investigating the possibility of buying the 1500mAh battery...

Upvote 0
This is my 3rd day with this phone. Unplug around 7~8am. Current with update and have done most recommendations from the battery life thread. Have apps installed like advanced task killer (free), battery life, barcode scanner, spare parts, sports tap. I would say it gets moderate use out of it with txting, few voice calls, some browser, email and maps. Normally hits around 20-15% charge at 7~8pm. So 12 hours of up time with moderate usage doesnt seem very good to me, but this is my first smart phone and maybe I dont know what Im talking about. But based on what I hear about battery life from other smart phone users, it isn't very good.

I definitely dont want to return because I am happy with everything but the battery. So I will continue to experiment and hopefully when the 2.0 update arrives, it will have a battery fix to help give me a little extra time out of it.

I get about a day and a half between charges with moderate to heavy use. I have heard Advanced Task Killer is actually a bad idea and is detrimental to the battery life on this phone but I cannot tell you for sure because I do not use it.

Upvote 0
I get about a day and a half between charges with moderate to heavy use. I have heard Advanced Task Killer is actually a bad idea and is detrimental to the battery life on this phone but I cannot tell you for sure because I do not use it.

Yeah I heard the same thing. I also heard ATK does not drain the battery. I just tried switching always mobile on to off (didnt realize I had it on) and we will see how that works. I have been trying to research what this feature actually does and cant figure it out, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be cool. After this I might try to uninstall ATK and see how that works.

Upvote 0
I have gotten to the point where I dont pay any attention to the battery. I use the phone when I want and plug it in when I can. I have a car charger and the wall charger at home. I have never run out of battery and I use it a lot. I listen to mp3's on it all day at work, surf the internet, use bloo to check facebook, text, receive/write email, make very few calls. I have NEVER had the phone die due to the battery.

Upvote 0
I have gotten to the point where I dont pay any attention to the battery. I use the phone when I want and plug it in when I can. I have a car charger and the wall charger at home. I have never run out of battery and I use it a lot. I listen to mp3's on it all day at work, surf the internet, use bloo to check facebook, text, receive/write email, make very few calls. I have NEVER had the phone die due to the battery.

I wish I had the ability to charge my phone whenever. Its not always convenient or easy for me to have a charger with me at work since I walk around a hospital all day. All I want is to be able to get thru a full day with normal, moderate usage and be able to plug it in when I go to bed at night and I will be happy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones