1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Eris card compatibility

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BabyBacon, Feb 21, 2010.

1. BabyBacon

BabyBacon Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Hello, I have been searching for information about this topic for a little while, and I cannot seem to find an answer.

To start, my eris is coming in the mail on wednesday, and I am trying to get everything ready for its arrival.

I know the Eris takes a microSD card (seeing as it ships with it), however I hear people talking about using a c6 standard SD card in their eris.

So, my question is, does the eris take both micro sd cards (ie 2 slots) or does it take an SD card and the micro SD uses an adapter to fit?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Psilo

Psilo Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Hmm there must be some confusion over what you've heard, from what I know and what I can see in my eris there is only one slot and it's for micro sd. Perhaps they meant to say a c6 micro sd card?

3. BabyBacon

BabyBacon Member

Feb 21, 2010
  4. Psilo

Psilo Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Well I'm almost positive they meant c6 micro sd since that's the only thing the eris supports. So just browse the net/local tech stores for those and you should be on your way!

BabyBacon likes this.
  5. BabyBacon

BabyBacon Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Alright, Thanks.

If anyone else wants to chime in I will be searching the internets.

6. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Female
    Dental Assistant
    IL
    Definitely only 1 slot and it is for a microsd. Your eris will come with a 8gb microsd class 2. You can upgrade to a 16gb class 4 or class 6. The people in that thread were mistaken about using/buying sd cards. And just for the record, there are threads on this forum that state that a class 4 sandisk will be just as fast, if not faster that some of the cheaper class 6 cards out there. I just ordered a Transcend 16gb microsdhc class 6 for my eris though. I have movies on my phone which take up lots of space, so I want the extra room. I purchased mine from "my digital discount" and it was $79.99 shipped. They can be found for cheaper, but I worry about the quality of the really cheap ones.

And btw, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your new phone when it arrives!!