• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Dialer

prj

Android Enthusiast
May 26, 2010
I'm not a big fan of the dialer on the eris. Not too impressed with Dialer One either.

What I do like is the dialer on the Samsung Moment. I like the tabs to switch between the call log, contacts and favorites.

356190-440-330.jpg

Anyone know where I can find one that is similar?

Apparently you cannot change the default dialer without root. There still may be some Market apps, but they won't replace the default, and won't come up when you press the "phone" keys. It will just run as an application. I've read in this forum that Dialer One is popular, but it doesn't appear to suit the design you mentioned.

Upvote 0
Sorry, it's an old post, but I had never seen it.

LOL may the fail be with you! j/k

I've seen the complete vanilla roms, I just wonder if someone has pulled the apk for the dialer from them and ported it to non root users (similar to how adrenalinerush has for vanilla mms (with better success i hope(j/k ar I love mmz :D))) damn thats a lot of parentheses :D

Upvote 0
Well at this point, I'm not smart enough to root my phone. I have tried every dialer available in the market. I know when I had 1.5 and tried some dialers and launched them it would give me the option to make that particular dialer the default. Haven't seen that with 2.1 though.

Even the motorola devour and droid has a nicer dialer...

devour34.jpg

358359-500-334.png

Upvote 0
LOL may the fail be with you! j/k

I've seen the complete vanilla roms, I just wonder if someone has pulled the apk for the dialer from them and ported it to non root users (similar to how adrenalinerush has for vanilla mms (with better success i hope(j/k ar I love mmz :D))) damn thats a lot of parentheses :D

Yeah sorry, I guess you did say that. Hopefully some will manage to do that for you. The dialer is simply not too important to me. Could it be improved?...no doubt, but it's still a dialer. :rolleyes:...that was a lot of parentheses, felt like I was reading an equation. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones