• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Eris Droid Takes Blurry Pictures

I know the thread is old, and I apologize, but I just wanted to say my wife has an Eris. It took really god pictures when it was running on the stock Android 1.5(or 1.6..whatever it was.) Then after she did the OTA upgrade to 2.1 her camera takes blurry shots. There's a noticeable delay now that wasn't there before. I've got an EnV Touch that takes better photos.

Her mom also has an Eris that took good pictures until the OTA upgrade to 2.1.

They've also had both their phones replaced when they were having issues, and the new phones also take the same blurry shots.

What is weird is the fact that your husbands takes great photos with Android 2.1.

I wish someone knew how to remedy this problem, other than downgrading Android.

Upvote 0
I recently got a replacement droid eris from asurion and had trouble with mine taking blurry pictures...until a coworker of mine mentioned that taking the phone into the bathroom while taking a shower could cause condensation to get into the camera lense.

So, i took off the battery case to clean the lense and realized there was a clear factory sticker on the inside of the lense...once I removed it, pictures were perfect.

I felt really silly for not thinking of it before, but there is a good chance that you have the same problem, being as it seems like you've tried EVERYTHING else.

Good luck, I hope this was a simple fix to a complicated problem :)

Reactions: bburgdroid
Upvote 0
I recently got a replacement droid eris from asurion and had trouble with mine taking blurry pictures...until a coworker of mine mentioned that taking the phone into the bathroom while taking a shower could cause condensation to get into the camera lense.

So, i took off the battery case to clean the lense and realized there was a clear factory sticker on the inside of the lense...once I removed it, pictures were perfect.

I felt really silly for not thinking of it before, but there is a good chance that you have the same problem, being as it seems like you've tried EVERYTHING else.

Good luck, I hope this was a simple fix to a complicated problem :)
This.

You need to make sure there is NOTHING on the lens or cover. Check for a plastic film, or finger smudges. If your not getting good pictures in even bright conditions, then its most likely something on the lens.

Upvote 0
Yeah, camera 360 takes better pictures for some reason. It has a lot of fun options, but set it to "Normal" for regular pictures (obvi). And also, if you haven't done so already, try taking your back cover off and cleaning the lens and also the inside of the lens cover. Mine occasionally gets foggy.

I followed your advise. I still had a blue protective shield on the inside of the back cover. Wow! How stupid can I be. Thanks:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones