• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris gone from Verizon Website...

So how did it go Bishop? Ready to root?

Ready? Yes. Equipped? Not yet. CSR wanted to make a bunch of setting changes, and see if that worked BUT he made a notation on my account profile! Big whoop. So after 1.25 hours of waiting, and .25 of speaking to a representative, I figured I should just go to one of the alternate VZW stores here today. I didn't want to "have" to stab him in the neck with the pen that was in his shirt pocket. My plight continues. :)

Upvote 0
It is not in my list of 3G smartphones, either, when I go to "Select a phone or device," and it hasn't been for several days now. Also, interestingly, the Incredible is listed as "shipping by 7/15!" I didn't realize that the Incredible was sold out.

My guess is that Verizon is done buying Erises from HTC, and they are just selling out stock now. I can't say that I blame them - they have plenty of Android SKUs right now, with some new Motos coming soon.

Upvote 0
It is not in my list of 3G smartphones, either, when I go to "Select a phone or device," and it hasn't been for several days now. Also, interestingly, the Incredible is listed as "shipping by 7/15!" I didn't realize that the Incredible was sold out.

My guess is that Verizon is done buying Erises from HTC, and they are just selling out stock now. I can't say that I blame them - they have plenty of Android SKUs right now, with some new Motos coming soon.

Yep. The Moto Droid is going to be at the same price the Eris was a few months ago, and that will be discontinued, probably when the Droid X (or whatever its called) comes out.

Upvote 0
Ready? Yes. Equipped? Not yet. CSR wanted to make a bunch of setting changes, and see if that worked BUT he made a notation on my account profile! Big whoop. So after 1.25 hours of waiting, and .25 of speaking to a representative, I figured I should just go to one of the alternate VZW stores here today. I didn't want to "have" to stab him in the neck with the pen that was in his shirt pocket. My plight continues. :)

Never use their own pen. That's just disrespectul.

Yeah, they've done that to me too. I always felt like saying on my way out "we both know I'm coming back, right?"

*light dimming as Cableguy tries to keep it on for bishop*

Upvote 0
Never use their own pen. That's just disrespectul.

Yeah, they've done that to me too. I always felt like saying on my way out "we both know I'm coming back, right?"

*light dimming as Cableguy tries to keep it on for bishop*

The guy seemed to have cursory knowledge of the phone, and he was very stubborn. I looked at his name tag; think it said "blazed one" or something.... :D

Upvote 0
As of Tuesday 6/15, the Eris showed up for me when I clicked "Upgrade" to get my New Every 2 discount, but when I went to try on Wednesday 6/16 it was gone. I could find it if I searched for it, but I couldn't get it to show the $100 instant online rebate, or my NE2 discount.

I called Verizon and they said I could still buy the Eris, either by ordering over the phone or going to my local store. I opted to go to the Verizon store where they luckily still had Erises in stock and 30 minutes later I was walking home with my new phone.

So, at least in NYC you can still get them in stores or via phone orders, but they're not online anymore.

Glad I got one before they disappear for good, I really like it so far!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones