• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris just wont boot up

oblik

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
My Eris is always getting stuck on the screen with the 3 skateboarding droid dudes...

Here's the story of what happened and what ive done so far..

I have an unrooted Droid Eris, OS 2.1 OTA
been working quite well for the past few months now

few weeks ago, my battery was suddenly drained for no apparent reason (it was idle), no programs were running in the back at all
it went back to normal after i turned it off and charged it.

It happened again to day and when i tried to turn it back on, i got stuck on the 3 skateboarding droids.

So i tried battery pull, x123121 didnt work.
i did the "hold vol+send+power",
-recovery: it gives me this red triangle with exclamation point, i only found errors regarding this on rooted phones
while on this screen, i pressed vol up+power, and tried all the option there and nothing worked, it still gets stuck on the skateboarding droids

then i held the "vol+send+power" and tried all the other options there, and it stuck on same screen.

tried this w/ and w/out the sd card....:(:(:(

help?

i'm sorry if there's a similar thread, i have searched quite a bit before making this thread and i didn't see any solutions, mainly because the ones getting these errors were the rooted ones

Hey, I am a former rep. of Verizon wireless and worked in cellphone sales for 5+ years. I downloaded my Eris to the 2.1 update via OTA. Immediately I noticed slow down and errors happening constantly. It seemed that the software needed work or the phone is not capable of handling the update. Tonight I went to take my phone off of the charger and it just kept stuck on the lock screen. I tried all, even hard resetting as you did after reading endless forums and still no solution. So I am calling Vzw cust. supt. tomorrow to troubleshoot and if no solution then I am still under warranty and will get a replacement for free. You have a 1 year warranty on your phone though stipulations do apply, if out of warranty hopefully you have insurance..and sometimes Vzw will replace a phone for you for a fee even without insurance. This is a manager exception, not to be communicated to customers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones