1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Eris left scrolling, a new refurb and return questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wildabouthockey, Apr 21, 2011.

1. wildabouthockey

None

May 24, 2010
    Journalist
    Minnesota
    I was one of those unfortunate people that ended up with the left scrolling issue due to the poor design by HTC. (I know I helped the issue along since I use my phone plugged in A LOT and I think that speeds up the problem by jiggling the charging area).

Anyway, 20 days after my warranty was up, my phone decided to get sooooo much worse with the scrolling issue, so I called Verizon. After spending too much time on the phone, the tech person was able to get me an "extended warranty" on my phone so that they could send me a refurb under that warranty.

The refurb is here and now all I have to do is send my old one back to them. The problem is, I am rooted. Now, I know I can unroot, but the question is...do I really HAVE TO? The "true" warranty on my phone is up, I have the new phone in my hands; will they EVER even look to see if the phone has been rooted? And, even if they do, will they care? I just don't want to have to go through the rigaramole of having to unroot before sending my old phone back to them. I have enough ahead of me with having to root my new phone, plus get it set up the way I want it again!

Advertisement

2. wildabouthockey

None

May 24, 2010
    Journalist
    Minnesota
    Seriously? Nobody has an answer? Come on, people!! :p

3. doogald

doogald Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    I don't know if you need to unroot or not, but I know that if I had to send it back, I would unroot and factory reset.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    so would i. its so easy,why would you not? i honestly doubt they would check. i think they just immediately push the latest firmware,then fix any physical issues.

but,as i said,its so easy,why take the chance?