• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris on Cricket Wireless

I have the Eris and I get calls, text, pic mail and web... and I can get apps with a WIFI. I dont have a data plan, but I do have mobile web.

hope this helps some...

Hey can you please help me out, i bought the droid eris recently and have had cricket service for quite a while, so i found a great tutorial online that explained everything. I got call and txting to work and i think web, but the web is a little sketchy and i cant get mms to work. The tutorial i used was perfect and im pretty sure their method of getting mms and web works, its just that it requires QPST. I've downloaded several versions of qpst but none of them read my phone. Is there anyway you can help me, if so thank you so much!

Upvote 0
Hey can you please help me out, i bought the droid eris recently and have had cricket service for quite a while, so i found a great tutorial online that explained everything. I got call and txting to work and i think web, but the web is a little sketchy and i cant get mms to work. The tutorial i used was perfect and im pretty sure their method of getting mms and web works, its just that it requires QPST. I've downloaded several versions of qpst but none of them read my phone. Is there anyway you can help me, if so thank you so much!
Unfortunately I did not flash my own phone, I had someone do it for me. I am not very tech savy... What area do you live in you may want to check around for phone flashers in your area and maybe they can get you hooked up. Do you also have the 2.1 1.49 problem??

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I did not flash my own phone, I had someone do it for me. I am not very tech savy... What area do you live in you may want to check around for phone flashers in your area and maybe they can get you hooked up. Do you also have the 2.1 1.49 problem??

i live in the modesto california area, and flashing droid phones here cost $75
i was messing around with the settings a lil bit and now pic receiving works but not sending, internet works but apps like google maps or navigation or google goggles dont work. Id like to unroot my phone but i havent found a good tutorial, id definately love a good video tutorial that just explained everything, im sure the views on that would go off the top and no more confusion you know.

Upvote 0
i live in the modesto california area, and flashing droid phones here cost $75
i was messing around with the settings a lil bit and now pic receiving works but not sending, internet works but apps like google maps or navigation or google goggles dont work. Id like to unroot my phone but i havent found a good tutorial, id definately love a good video tutorial that just explained everything, im sure the views on that would go off the top and no more confusion you know.

No reason to unroot your phone. Use the Eris Master Application to manage your root status, if you have windows. If you try to turn your phone on into recovery (boot with Volume UP + Power) and it doesn't say Amon-RA's 1.6.2 (or something like that), then recovery is not properly installed. use the Eris Master Application to get Recovery working properly:

[Application] Eris Master Application [R00T] - 6/20/10 - xda-developers

Get a good ROM like Ivan's Eris_Official. It has everything updated perfectly, and will function way better than whatever you've got:

[ROM] Eris_Official 1.0 Alpha With Controllable Overclocking! [5/9/2010] - xda-developers

I bet you have an old build of 2.1, and that whoever rooted your phone has no idea what they're doing. Anyway, then follow my instructions here in this thread to get fully on Cricket:

Eris FULLY on Cricket (Root Req'd) - xda-developers

Your phone calls and normal SMS should still work, so that won't be affected. But flash the .zip file I provide in that thread, from Recovery (or using the Eris Master Application if it does that), to get fully on Cricket, and the APN Backup & Restore trick will work.

Upvote 0
hey im sorry for all the dumb questions but these tutorials seem to be for people who at least half know what their doing but for me im clueless, the tutorial is great i just get confused at certain steps. Maybe someone could help me out here
"run the application. Select a ROM to download, and the Root Image, and Recovery Image, then start the downloads." I dont know how to do any of that o_O

Upvote 0
ok im mainly doing this for my own use but heres my plan (open to simpler plans)

1. install amon ras recovery image
Flash recovery image Droid Eris How To [Archive] - xda-developers

2. downgrade to 1.5 stock
Full Downgrade from Droid Eris 2.1 Root (any) to 1.5 Stock | The Android Mobile OS

3. root to good 2.1
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

4. then go fully on cricket with a rooted eris
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/69613-eris-fully-cricket-root-reqd.html

5. load mms and web zip file in recovery mode

6. do anycut.apk trick

7. do apn backup and restore trick

8. restart phone just because

9. enjoy life after 2 hrs of doing all this, so ill try this about 8 tonight, ill post the details
if i succeed or not then maybe people could use my steps for help if they have a
different 2.1 root or if they have 1.5 stock, wish me luck

Upvote 0
Sorry for jumping in new to this site DETAILS, MAY OR MAY NOT HELP I have a droid eris full flashed to cricket works great, they flashed it for me and all the files are in iso or locked some how! tryed to get daemontools on my windows seven to see them but not compatible, I only pay 45 dollars for my service for everything, I had it flashed fixed a couple times, the first one was for the mms not working all the way, Second times was i dialed *228 get better reception in the process and ended up losing my internet, wrong idea whoop! I also use pdanet for tether to my laptop, newest version works good, except after a while it freezez and gives me a java error 501, weird and have to reset my phone or it does it itself? now my mms isn't working again can anyone help me fix it and i really want to get it root cant wait until it ready and where i live my receptions not that good so i ordered a gsm antenna i'll keep u updated to se how that works out! Thank you everyone!

Upvote 0
Look I know you guys get tired of answering questions, but I'm just too confused. I've read all of the threads here and still lost. I've searched and searched and come to no avail. I have a fully unlocked Droid Eris and trying to do the full flash from verizon to cricket. I've done all of the steps for the flash for talk and text and still don't have any type of talk/text. I have downloaded QPST and am able to view my phone via QPST. I am also able to edit and modify the settings, as I have done, and am still stuck. I've downloaded the .prl for roaming and still have gotten nowhere. Please help!!!!:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones