• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris only showing 1x...not 3g

It happened to me about three weeks ago and it would randomly switch to 1X and stay there.

Putting it in airplane mode fixes it, but it will come back and I can not figure out what triggers it.

I have noticed it has been after playing a game called Air Control. But it has happened without even touching the game as well. But it never happened before downloading and playing that game constantly.

Airplane mode is the best I can tell ya, bud. It's happening to me today as well and it's pretty annoying since it kills battery super fast.

Try resetting the phone.

Upvote 0
1.5 or 2.1?

Cut and paste from the Tips thread

POSTED BY SMACKY

1. ##pst (##778)
2. "000000"
3. Modem
4. Slot cycle
5. When you're done exploring all the different options, be sure to hit "menu" and to save the changes. Don't back out as it won't save them.
6. You will be forced to restart and the changes should be made.

I bumped it from 2 to 1. Waiting to see the effect on battery life. If it isnt bad, I'll bump it to 0. Maybe its placebo, but I feel 3G is faster for me. Probably not, but i like to pretend it is.

Upvote 0
I was having the same issue about a month ago in TN. My 3G had been rock solid at work then all of a sudden 1X. I called VZ support and reported the issue. Seems to be resolved now. I believe that I am between towers and they were converting or having issues with one.

When you text it is normal to see 1X.

Upvote 0
I've run into that horrible little 1x a few times. Mine was also due to network issues though and didn't have anything to actually do with the phone. Once I talked to Verizon about it and the issues were more or less resolved I have better data and voice in my area. I'm actually getting coverage in some previous dead spots too.

You may want to give Verizon a call and see if anyone else is reporting problems in the area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones