1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Eris Power plug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xtiger, Feb 16, 2010.

1. xtiger

xtiger Newbie

Dec 2, 2009
    Anyone else had an issue with powering up? I now have to push all of my power cords down to get a charge now. If I just plug it into the phone, no charge. It's until I jiggle the cord, is when I get a charge.

Anyone else had this issue? I might take it back in for a new one soon.

Advertisement

2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    I had had my Eris since the day it came out ... no problems.

3. pkopalek

pkopalek Android Expert

Dec 19, 2009
    Computer Technician / Systems Implementation Manag
    Buffalo, NY
    Mine is heading toward this. I was climbing across my car (don't ask) with my Eris plugged in, sticking out next to my radio. I brushed my body against the base of my Eris where the charger goes in, and I bent/broke the charging cable where it plugs in. The Eris port seems fine, but every cable I plug in wiggles alittle bit.

NO trouble with connectivity yet. I'd go to Verizon and see what they can do for you.

The sad part might be that they say that the $70 insurance replacement (if you have insurance) is the best that they can do?

4. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    For a charger? I think the charger is covered under the one-year warranty. I can see the rubber getting slightly stripped, or yanked out from the end of the charger. I can see the wires going into the male-end but it still charges fine.

If it poops out on me, I'm just gonna take it in and ask for a new one. It's not like I'm lassoing cows with it in my free time. It's doing this on its own.