• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris randomly deleted all pictures

mburdick

Jan 18, 2010
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I guess I will give the background. I had over 100 pictures stored on my sd card, and i last looked at them yesterday. Today I opened my File manager, and it had expired, so I dl'ed Astro. When I went into Astro and clicked on my DCIM there was nothing inside which I thought was weird. So I went to my Albums and sure enough, It cant find any photos or videos.

I took a camera shot, and it saved it to the sd card and I was able to look at it. I unmounted and removed the sd card (also rebooted phone) hoping it might jump start the card or something. When I put the card back in the phone, it had erased the one picture I just took and saved.

I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them? Is a bad sd card most likely the case?

Edit: It also deleted some backgrounds i downloaded, but left my ringtones alone. Its like it hates .jpg files

My phone did the same frigin thing! This sucks. I'm really beginning to hate this phone!

I lost my network connection (for some reason) and shut down my phone. When I restarted it, I got a message that the SD card was malfunctioning. So shut down again and restarted... same message. I took out the SD card and put it in my old phone and it's showing as blank. Put it back into my piece of shit Eris and it shows as blank. All of my data is gone. What a bunch of shit!

Upvote 0
My phone did the same frigin thing! This sucks. I'm really beginning to hate this phone!

I lost my network connection (for some reason) and shut down my phone. When I restarted it, I got a message that the SD card was malfunctioning. So shut down again and restarted... same message. I took out the SD card and put it in my old phone and it's showing as blank. Put it back into my piece of shit Eris and it shows as blank. All of my data is gone. What a bunch of shit!

Unfortunately, a fried SD card can happen to anyone, it isn't just an Eris problem. And it seems to be a pretty uncommon problem. It sucks, but lesson learned to back up regularly. Just to make sure, did you hook up to your pc to make sure it really is blank?

Is it really lame that I got slightly offended that you called the Eris a piece of sh!t? I think so.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, a fried SD card can happen to anyone, it isn't just an Eris problem. And it seems to be a pretty uncommon problem. It sucks, but lesson learned to back up regularly. Just to make sure, did you hook up to your pc to make sure it really is blank?

Is it really lame that I got slightly offended that you called the Eris a piece of sh!t? I think so.

Yeah, you're right. I was just pissed when it happened. Unfortunately, in this electronic age you really need to back-up as often as possible. I downloaded the app suggested above... hopefully it won't happen again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones