1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Eris Restarted Itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smileyb, May 10, 2010.

1. smileyb

smileyb Active Member

May 7, 2010
    Commercial Photographer
    SW Michigan
    Here is the deal:

I was on this very forum typing a reply using Uber Keyboard. I was using dolphin. All of a sudden the options screen for Uber Keyboard (BTW, I don't like it anymore. only got it for the speech to text feature) popped up and kindof self navigated to a deeper menu. I tried using the back button. This cause all of the buttons/keys to light up full brightness and then the screen went black, but the keys stayed lit.
    I tried pressing the end key but nothing happened. Then all of a sudden the the Android and Verizon splash logo's came up (very fast, not anywhere near as long as when you power on the phone). The phone came back to a normal state as it usually does from a power on and everything is fine. Needless to say this even worried me.

Any reason this might have happened?

Advertisement

2. JaybirdOSU

JaybirdOSU Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Network/Systems Administrator
    Ohio
    I noticed some similar restarts when I was trying out SlideIT Lite Keyboard. I noticed that my phone was restarting about once each day. After I uninstalled it, I didn't notice this happening anymore. I can't say for sure it was doing anything similar to what yours is doing. I only knew it was restarting because I heard it making startup sounds in my pocket. I wonder if there is some issue with some of the 3rd party keyboards?

3. smileyb

smileyb Active Member

May 7, 2010
    Commercial Photographer
    SW Michigan
    Anyone else having these issues. I haven't had any mysterious restarts, just the one I mentioned in the OP.

If it is the Uber Keyboard, any suggestions on what I should use to replace it until the 2.1 OTA is pushed? I'm on 1.5 and have no desire to use the leaks at this point.