1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Eris Rings FOREVER

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snerch, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Snerch

Snerch Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    NJ
    I don't think I have seen this issue on here before, but lately when I receive an incoming call, the phone keeps ringing until I answer it. Yesterday, my Eris was on vibrate and out of my sight and it was about a half hour until I realized it was ringing. The phone was smoking hot when I picked it up.

I did a test call and the voice mail picked up after about 5 or 6 rings, but the phone kept ringing, even after I hung up!

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I really don't want to have to do another factory reset, even though that will be Verizon's answer.

Advertisement

2. The factory data reset is almost surely needed for that issue, Snerch. Sorry to say..

If that does not remedy the ringing problem, it's almost certainly a hardware issue, but the fact that it has cropped up with no history of happening before tells us that something is amiss in the phone's software, thus the attractiveness of a reset solving it.

A live battery pull would be a fortunate, but unlikely remedy; give that a try, you never know. ;)

Snerch likes this.