• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris running extremely slow

The most important thing I have found with my eris is to treat it like I would my PC. When it starts to lag, I go in and clean the cache, clear all the messages and call log, and clear the histories. BAM!!! Everything runs smooth! I am rooted, using PlainJaneT2. I really like the senseUI. I did it so I could move apps to sd. I love my apps and I have a ridiculous amount of them, but no problems because of it. I am on the first eris I bought and I still love it. I am not thrilled with the battery life, but I am a heavy user, so that is to be expected. Maybe people just expect way to much from their phone. Just My 2 cents:)

Upvote 0
lol I did that with my last Eris I sent back for warrenty replacement. Before I went into the store to complain that my hardware on the phone is being wonky I put that on there because it looks just like stock. I changed the boot screen to stock too. The rep did a factory reset and I was like oh snap.....He rebooted it and said, "Thats wierd...its a little flashing android man thing. Oh well they are all different I guess...your new phone is in the mail..."
too funny...all he had to do was look in the settings/about phone/software version and say "hey pal this baby has been rooted, sorry no warranty for you" GL with your new phone...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones