• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris + TaskPanel Users Help!

mimmic

Nov 28, 2009
Well, I've been noticing a few more problems with my eris as of late (if you want to know the others look at my post history)

I've been unable to get past the lock screen to display sometimes. I just got off the phone with a friend, it was a long call as the phone/battery had heated up a bit. Now, everything with the phone seemed to be okay, I went and pulled up the HTC battery widget and was around 34C. I've seen it get this high before and had no problems.

Now, I locked the phone and a few minutes later I tried to unlock it. The unlock screen would display but the touch screen wouldn't not receive any of my input. The Menu button did not work either. I could push the end button time and again and the display wound turn on and off, but no touch input ever worked. I just had to do a battery pull to get into my phone.

I've also been noticing inside TaskPanel that the amount of available memory steadily declines even if no programs are running. I have mostly sense programs ignored and I've included timerriffic and beautiful widgets as they are always running and need to be so they will function. (beautiful widgets I just purchased yesterday and I've had this problem for a week or two)

If I do successfully get past the lock screen the phone will be extremely slow and TaskPanel will report something like 20 megs of available memory, with no applications running. If I restart the phone I'm usually fine.

I think it is happening around the 13-14 hour mark of my phone being turned on.

I'm assuming something is hogging up my phone and I just can't tell what it is. I don't have very many 3rd party applications installed. They are closed immediately after I'm done with them except for beautiful widgets and timerriffic. I've had timerrific since the 2nd day I've owned my Eris and it's never been a problem (not to say an update didn't hose it)

Anyone have similar problems? Anyone think of anything that could be causing this?

[side note: I did notice a few weeks back my exchange calendar was freaking out and draining my battery, but deleting and resetting up my exchange email fixed that and it doesn't seem to be a problem now]

Didn't even know there was a TaskPanel Lite. (Not using the widget either)

Just did a market check, even though I'm not using the widget I think I'll switch to the lite version just to see if it will fix it. I did have a hard time of updating TaskPanel before with the widget breaking and leaving a black spot on my home screens. Who knows, this might actually fix it even though I'm not using the widget (knowingly)

And I also see now that Taskpanel does say it has had support for 1.5 and 1.6 removed ... why don't they put these things at the top of the change list....it's fairly important.

Upvote 0
Didn't even know there was a TaskPanel Lite. (Not using the widget either)

Just did a market check, even though I'm not using the widget I think I'll switch to the lite version just to see if it will fix it. I did have a cast of updating TaskPanel before and the widget breaking and leaving a black spot on my home screens. Who knows, this might actually fix it even though I'm not using the widget (knowingly)

And I also see now that Taskpanel does says it was had support for 1.5 and 1.6 removed ... why don't they put these things at the top of the change list....it's fairly important.

When I checked the Market last week TaskPanel was listed as not compatible with the Eris. Something to do with the Widget, but don't rule out a problem with TaskPanel itself and 1.5. I believe both were related to battery issues.

I removed TP and installed TP Lite. I've been using TP Lite for over a week with great results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones