• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to v2.x, when?

Disclaimer - haven't updated yet.

People saying phone is snappier -- after 4 months of stuffing apps onto your phone (decreasing RAM), wouldn't it OF COURSE be snappier, just from uninstalling all your apps?

Not saying it's not snappier, just that it's not comparing apples to apples.. Someone do a factory reset on a 1.5 Eris, and see if it seems snappier, too.

(other side of the bronx, but used to be on your side... Stay away from The Great land Grab.)

Upvote 0

People saying phone is snappier -- after 4 months of stuffing apps onto your phone (decreasing RAM), wouldn't it OF COURSE be snappier, just from uninstalling all your apps?

Not saying it's not snappier, just that it's not comparing apples to apples.. Someone do a factory reset on a 1.5 Eris, and see if it seems snappier, too.

(other side of the bronx, but used to be on your side... Stay away from The Great land Grab.)

i got like 30 apps on it and it is smooooooth sailing...havent seen a lag all day

Upvote 0

yea....except i just did a factory reset about a week ago... and trust me its snappier

Upvote 0
so what exactly is supposed to happen? all i get is a screen with the exclamation in a triangle and a phone ,does that mean its going? do i wait? or did i do something wrong.... i read that someone tried doing it but didnt use a card that was formatted to the eris, i used my sd card from my tour that ive had since all my pics and everything are on it, i can view everything on eris, card works fine, astro manager shows the 2.1 zip file on it, so idk whats going on..

Upvote 0
directions arent working for me... unless im missing a step, i followed them on that link.. nothing happens.

I guess "I may have just bricked my phone" ran through your mind, so I'll spare you that.

Look through the thread on XDA and several people have different variations of wording the tutorial. Perhaps that's all you need. If Krtek (sp.?) and his site didn't work, maybe another one will.

Upvote 0
you are holding volume down as you power the phone on, right?

If you have a spare SD card I would use that. It needs to be formatted FAT32. Plus you don't want to possibly mess with any of your files on your current card. Also, you will lose any currently installed programs. So you may wanna make a list so you can redownload them.

Copy the file to the root of the card.

Power off phone.

With phone off, press volume down and power at the same time.

Phone will boot into HBOOT mode (white background/green text).

Blue text will come up asking if you want to update.

Click the trackball to select.

The phone will go through some stuff and come back with update complete. It may take up to 10 minutes.

It will prompt you to reboot, click the trackball and the phone will reboot.

Upvote 0
you are holding volume down as you power the phone on, right?

If you have a spare SD card I would use that. It needs to be formatted FAT32. Plus you don't want to possibly mess with any of your files on your current card. Also, you will lose any currently installed programs. So you may wanna make a list so you can redownload them.

Copy the file to the root of the card.

Power off phone.

With phone off, press volume down and power at the same time.

Phone will boot into HBOOT mode (white background/green text).

Blue text will come up asking if you want to update.

Click the trackball to select.

The phone will go through some stuff and come back with update complete. It may take up to 10 minutes.

It will prompt you to reboot, click the trackball and the phone will reboot.

actually you turn phone off and the press the power button and call button at the same time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones