1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Eris to v2.x, when?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fahertyps, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ericnail

ericnail Android Enthusiast

I certainly hope its not pushed to a potential 1,000,000+ users simultaniously... idk if you noticed or not but on new years, at&t, Verizon, and t-mobile were all delayed on text messages about an hour because of am overload of people sending "happy 2010" messages.. so God I hope not :O

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. anthonylancer

anthonylancer Newbie

yeah, spelling hasnt been important since the invention of the internet

3. Ataranine

Ataranine Android Enthusiast

The January 22nd update has apparently been leaked. Just a bugfix update.

4. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

^ That's not too bad considering when the DROID came out (with 2.0).

5. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

Wow...what a bummer :(

6. Ataranine

That's all anyone expected it to be..

7. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

Pretty good considering when the DROID (first phone with android 2.0) got 2.0; factoring in that we might get a whole new version of sense. :)

8. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Actually, I used an absolution to firm up my flabby midsection!

No wait, that was the AbIsolator. My bad!

*larf*

9. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

Let me see if I understand correctly, you signed up today and you thought, for your first post, that it was a good idea to make a comment about a post from a month ago that you weren't even around for?

Welcome, you have a bright future here.

10. anthonylancer

anthonylancer Newbie

Hey, I'm just sharing my opinion.

11. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

I find that terribly out-of-line. Just because something was posted prior to his membership, doesn't mean that he can't comment or participate in that instance. If that were the case, this forum would purge itself every week of old posts. -I do understand the circumstances though.

12. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert

No, it's not out of line. It's inflammatory. There's nothing wrong with boosting an aged thread to ask a question or get clarification.

To pull a thread out just to make an obnoxious comments, that's flaming and it is (or should be, it is on the forums I moderate) against the user Terms Of Service).

13. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

Guess what? These aren't the forums you moderate.

14. swashmore

swashmore Newbie

Amen brother!

15. Hello all ,I"v been lurking here for three weeks and if not for these fourms I wouldn't have kept my eris.but the question remains,is there any updates on the update?

16. Ataranine

Patience, my friend, patience.

17. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Waiting for updates can suck, but I am use to it. I remember waiting for my G1 to get the 1.5 update, it seemed like it took forever to happen. Actually it did, lol. I am just glad we are going to get one!

18. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert

That's for damn sure. :rolleyes:

19. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member

*tongue firmly in cheek* Yeah well, what else?

20. dusthead

dusthead Member

i think the question is - what will HTC do with these new "powers" to their/our advantage?...plus the app devs.

21. OLD_gUY

OLD_gUY Newbie

Hey dusthead-
    Since I've been coming around here, I've noticed you have made more than a few posts.
    However, I have never been able to read any of them 'cause I can never stop staring at your AVATAR-lol

22. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

lol, so true. It can be very distracting!

23. entelechy3

entelechy3 Member

I was just reading through gizmodo's liveblog of the Nexus One's release... considering that phone looks like a slimmer, sexier, and obviously more powerful version of the Eris, I'm kind of salivating over how soon we're going to see 2.X on our phones. I mean, if HTC has been working so closely with Google to pump this phone out, and they've obviously had intimate contact with the development of 2.1 (since they designed the flagship model for that OS), I'm kind of hoping it bodes well for a direct upgrade to 2.1 for us... and soon. I just hope we don't have to wait until the Nexus One is available on Verizon (listed as "Spring 2010") to see our OS bumped up to that of the Eris's big brother...

24. whitey522

whitey522 Newbie

I've been keeping up with the liveblogs on the nexus one reveal as i was quite excited for the "Passion". The Nexus One will be coming to verizon in the spring but there were two things that kind of (really) make me want the Eris.
    1. The Nexus one does NOT have multitouch.
    2. Someone asked if the droid was getting this and he said the software is open source and everyone will get it soon. Does that include the Eris?

To be honest surrounding all the hype on this thing I am COMPLETELY underwhelmed by this thing. ERIS HERE I COME!

25. K0CAW

K0CAW Member

From Engadget's liveblog of the Nexus One event:

HTC CEO Peter Chou, when asked what users can expect in terms of future updates, replied that "We [HTC] are expecting some of our existing models to upgrade to 2.1, but we're working on that."

I don't know about you, but that all but confirms for me that we'll be getting 2.1 for the Eris, as opposed to 2.0.1 or something else. It'll be exciting to see what features we will get (Google Earth, speech-to-text input in all text fields, possibly even 'Live Wallpaper'?) as a part of that update. I'll assume we'll get whatever the Eris hardware can handle.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews