1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Eris touchscreen doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by notaguru, Sep 10, 2011.

1. notaguru

notaguru Android Enthusiast

Eris, unrooted, firmware 2.1

This is a "retread" Eris from craigslist, bought as a mini-tablet (wifi only). It's cosmetically fine, BUT:

The touchscreen is wonky. For example, in MARKET, nothing will make the little magnifying glass in the upper right corner do anything. And the keyboard isn't accurate - with some keys I must hunt around for the sweet spot.

I've done some hard reboots, same result.

??

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

The good news about the market magnifying glass is that you can just use the search soft button on the bottom to do the same thing.

Digitizer problems, though, hmmm. What happens, say, using the keyboard turned landscape? Any better? There is also using the HTC keyboard in compact qwerty mode, which will increase the size of the keys to press.

3. notaguru

OK.
    I downloaded LauncherPro and SwiftKeyX, and then by swapping between portrait and landscape got most things done. The keyboard is still very iffy, however, and unless someone can suggest a soft solution I'm afraid it's either a digitizer or scrap.

4. notaguru

On the dialer pad, the numbers "2" and "3", and the backspace, do not work.

The rest of the keys can be made to work, but they're mostly off - as though the screen needs to be calibrated. However, I cannot find any utility or method for doing that.