• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris users: Do You Text While Driving?

Eris users: Do You Text While Driving?

• Total voters
I'm an over the road truck driver and I text while I drive constantly. However ill you all may think of this, keep in mind that I drive 12,000 miles per month between 3 states. THe average person drives 10,000 miles or less per year. When I text while driving, it's almost always on the freeway in remote areas. If other traffic is around I put my phone down. For those of you that want to avoid me, I drive thru western Illinois, right thru Wisconsin and into Minnesota. I believe everyone has different skill levels when it comes to this. I see people everyday that can't drive and use their blinker let alone text and drive. I have received two 1,000,000 miles accident free awards even though I text and drive. I don't know how many millions of miles I've drove in my life but I hace never had any issues due to texting and driving. By the way, I also text while I drive my car and ride my bike so you may want to stay out of Milwaukee, WI also lol

Upvote 0
I find that it's nearly impossible to text while driving on a touch-screen phone. With my previous phone (RAZR2), I could do it no problem because I didn't even have to look down. Not the case any more, since you can't "feel" where the buttons are. SOMETIMES I may do a quick one at a red light, or at least partial, then finish at the next light. Anyone who says they can do it just fine is simply not a safe driver, no matter what they say or think.

Upvote 0
I find that it's nearly impossible to text while driving on a touch-screen phone. With my previous phone (RAZR2), I could do it no problem because I didn't even have to look down. Not the case any more, since you can't "feel" where the buttons are. SOMETIMES I may do a quick one at a red light, or at least partial, then finish at the next light. Anyone who says they can do it just fine is simply not a safe driver, no matter what they say or think.

i have to agree..... its impossible to txt with out looking

p.s. that video is burtal

Upvote 0
I do, but only if I'm in stand-still traffic or traffic is moving slow enough that I can text and look up without any real danger of hitting someone. If I'm on the highway, I don't.

Buuuuut I know how to turn red traffic lights green. Take out your phone and start to do something important. As soon as you do, they turn. It's like magic!

Sure beats my old super-power. I can stare at red lights and make them turn green. It's a hit at parties.

Upvote 0
I do and I put make-up on(like lipgloss or what have you)
But I stopped doing it as much.

My friend had dropped her cell while she was driving and this bitch(excuse my language) had the nerve to bend down while on the middle of the interstate going 70 miles an hour to pick it up. Like it really couldn't wait another 10 minutes or better yet...ASK ME TO GET IT

After that, I decided I'd tone it down because I don't want to be TOO ADDICTED to my cell

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones