• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Users Rejoice!

I wouldn't expect that VZW would phrase the audio fix any other way...i.e., not admitting fault (it might also be a case where the the issue actually is a hardware one that can be overcome with a software fix and not wanting to point fingers between themselves and HTC).
It didn't surprise me at all seeing it phrased that way. Does it mean the "silent call" bug ? Maybe, maybe not, but I wouldn't expect them to specifically mention it. They don't say they're "fixing" anything, they're simply "improving" or "enhancing".

Upvote 0
Yea, you are right, I am upset. I am just fed up with the issues this phone is having. It's embarrising when you go to make a work phone call and the silent call issue rears its ugly head, or you drop the call because the Eris dislikes 3g coverage in LA of all places. I think I did get a bad cs rep, cause I had one guy who was super nice and offered to upgrade me to the INC. I wish I would've accepted that offer. :(

you DIDNT accept that offer?! i think i see the problem lol

Upvote 0
Nope, i didn't. From what i've read in that forum, the INC has had some similar issues to the Eris. Seems to be an HTC issue.

This, although I think it's more so of an issue with Sense. If I didn't love it so much I would probably have gotten a different phone without sense.

HTC manufactured the Nexus One, if I am not mistaken, and that's not running Sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that phone has any of the issues the Eris or Incredible are having, which leads me to believe it's an issue with Sense, and not so much HTC.

I also believe that this update will be pushed out slowly at first similar to the 2.1 OTA and for the same reasons the OTA was rolled out slowly, meaning I don't think most people will get it on this site for a bit.

Upvote 0
Some of you should be getting a software update pushed to your phone starting today.

Enhancements
  • Improved audio
    • The audio controls have been updated.
    Enhanced speed dial
    • Save and add contacts to speed-dial list with ease.
  • Improved text, video, and picture messaging functionality

Improvements
  • Contacts now sync with Backup Assistant, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and Facebook.
  • The Weather app / widget has been enhanced and stabilized.
  • Droid Eris will now pair with a Jabra Bluetooth headset.

One thing to keep in mind is that often times full change logs are not always included for the general public. So the update may offer other fixes that are not listed.

Anyway, so far Im not seeing any updates on my phone.

Upvote 0
I wonder if the fix will cure my BT problems. When I'm on my headset and get in my car, it tries to connect to the car BT handsfree instead. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it just disconnects my headset BT and sends the call to the handset. It will never let me stay connected to my BT headset when I get in the car. This only started after the 2.1 update.

Upvote 0
Phone calls don't use 3G on Verizon. It reverts back to 2G in a phone call. Just sayin'.

Actually, voice does use 3G and 1x. You're think of 3G data (EvDO).

The issue he's probably having is he's losing ALL signal. The phone will try to drop to 1x but if it's in a fringe/poor coverage area, it will drop anyways.

Could be a defective phone, defective software, or simply needs a PRL update...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones