1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Eris will no longer manually lock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aly07, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Aly07

Aly07 New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    So I am a total newbie not only to the boards but also to the Eris. So I would like to thank all of you in advance for not flaming me if this is a super simple fix. I have had my eris for about 3 weeks now. Everything works perfectly but over the last few days I can no longer hit the red end call button in order to manually lock my phone. When I press it, my phone does NOTHING. It will however still lock after it is idle for 1 one and it will also open back up when I hit the red button (so I know its not a problem with the physical button). I have restarted it, removed the battery, and deleted apps that were downloaded around the same time this started. I have also checked every setting I can possible think of but can't figure this out. Does anyone know what the heck is going on with my phone?? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    ND
    Are you using the spare parts app by any chance?

3. Aly07

Aly07 New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    No I'm not using that app. I have very minimal apps right now as I am still learning the ropes on the eris. Ugh, this is so frustrating!! My poor husband, he has gotten numerous pocket dials from me recently due to this little prob. :)

4. DJHero

DJHero Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Scientist
    United Kingdom
    This is odd! I have an HTC Hero, and since updating to 2.1 i have the exact same problem. I'm no longer able to force lock my phone, i have to wait for it to time out and lock itself. I'm about to start a new thread in the HTC Hero Support forum to see if anyone helps me out! I'll let you know if anything works. I see you posted some months ago - have you worked out what was causing it/any fix?

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Have you done a factory reset? Just to rule out it being a software problem.