• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Won't Connect to PC

I dunno what the deal is with the Eris and mounting it to the computer, but it's such a bitch on WinXP. I think I tried it on our Win7 computer as well. I can't remember it with Vista on my laptop.

I'm using a MBP and it is not sensitive at all. On Windows machines, it would constantly engage and disengage, It would charge the whole time, but accessing the SD card was a pain. It still does that on XP, but on the Mac, it's flawless. I could use the phone and cord like a mace and it wouldn't lose contact with the computer. Dunno what the deal is with Windows.

I thought it was a faulty USB port on the desktop or a faulty miniUSB. It happens with my iPod Touch too. But on my Mac, it's perfect.

Upvote 0
Maybe that is a bug in the rooted 2.1 rom, but i can def sync, charge, and mount usb with any mini usb cord on both 1.5 and leaked 2.1

Caddy, and anyone else for that matter, are you using HTC Sync with 2.1 without any problems? And the link a few posts back had a link for the HTC Desire sync download. Will it still work with the Eris?

-Jeff

Upvote 0
And the link a few posts back had a link for the HTC Desire sync download. Will it still work with the Eris?

-Jeff

HTC Desire is HTC Droid Eris...and the link for the latest version helped me after for some reason HTC Sync on the phone started to Force Close. It includes the latest drives. (FYI - I'm running 1.5 with a standard mini-usb for connecting.)

Upvote 0
My droid eris is doing the exact same thing, I will connect to 2 of my PC's at work, desktop and laptop just fine, and my custom built desktop running windows 7. However on my compaq presario laptop or my wife's hp mini netbook it just charges, no notification box or anything. I'll try a different cable tomorrow and let you know if that fixes mine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones