• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help error 21 help

tank5507

Jul 4, 2013
When I try to send a text message to one of my contacts, the message doesn't go through. A notification pops up after a few seconds, "Message not sent", and a red triange with an exclamation point shows up next to the message.

When I select "message details", it says "Error Code: 21".

I have no problem messaging my other contacts.
I have been unable to find anything relating to this error code, and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what it means?
Thank you for any and all help!

P.s. I know she hasn't blocked me.

The tiny hole isn't for a factory reset, it's for ejecting the SIM Tray. (It is on my N4 anyway, the holes at the bottom and top are the mics)

Have you tried a simulated battery pull? As opposed to turning on and off, hold the power button down for circa 15 seconds. What about clearing the cache and data of the Messaging app (You'd probably lose all messages if you did that)?

Also moved to the N4 forum, see if the guys there have any ideas. :)

Upvote 0
Dial *#*#4636#*#*.

You will get a menu, from that select Phone Information

You will find a setting "SMSC"

Refresh it. It is most likely to retrieve the message center number from your operator. (Or call your operator, and get the message center
number, and then update in this field)

Then the problem should be resolved!

Upvote 0
I had this issue and what worked for me is re-editing the number in contacts. For some reason some numbers are saved without a space +1234567890 but when I re-enter the number it has the format +123 45 6789. The contacts app automatically adds the spaces. I tested before and after with multiple numbers and this worked for me.

Reactions: Addish
Upvote 0
I had this issue and what worked for me is re-editing the number in contacts. For some reason some numbers are saved without a space +1234567890 but when I re-enter the number it has the format +123 45 6789. The contacts app automatically adds the spaces. I tested before and after with multiple numbers and this worked for me.
Worked for me too! Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones