1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Error code 128 on my VM Venture

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nayrej, Feb 16, 2013.

1. nayrej

nayrej Member

Feb 3, 2013
    I've been getting a "128 error code" message since I rooted my venture.
    The text of the message is:
    "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."
    I have turned the phone off, removed the battery, re-flashed the rom, left the phone off, loaded a different antivirus, tried a different mail client, etc...
    It doesn't really affect anything other than I am having to dismiss the message often. Any ideas? There is a similar error with the Boost phone Prevail, but nothing really came of the thread. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. xBlean

xBlean Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Uhm... Sooo, I googled the error... A lot.... xD!

So far, every site, forum, and post I read simply said to call the Service Provider and tell them the error and they will instantly fix it for ya...

/Shrugs

3. nayrej

nayrej Member

Feb 3, 2013
    I googled it too...nothing for VM. All were for service providers with contract service. Doesn't matter.

4. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Humboldt County, CA
    it sounds to me like u need to call and get vm on the phone, from what blean says. doesnt hurt to call them and try! just cuz u cant find info specific to vm on google doesnt mean vm cant help u. try calling em. i dont kno anything specific about ur code, but i do kno that i have gotten error codes before because of messups on setting up my account on vm's side.

5. Yea, just DON'T tell em you rooted it... EVER

6. Dracable

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Humboldt County, CA
    ya, very true. ;-)

7. sunsuke

sunsuke Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Programming atm
    its probably the service, I switched phones from the venture pcd to a marvelc (aka Htc Wildfire s) and it kept giving me that message, but the way I fixed it was flashing a new ROM.

8. gamingwiz

gamingwiz Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Male
    My venture isn't even activated and this message is coming up? Any suggestions?

9. Dracable

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Humboldt County, CA
    dont know for sure, but if flashing a rom helped the OP, u might wanna try the same. could just be some sort of data corruption. if u bought the phone new, and u havent been messing with it, i would return it for a new one before u try anything. probably corruption, probably defective.

gamingwiz likes this.
  10. gamingwiz

gamingwiz Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Male
    it's kinda oldish, its been activated before, but hasn't been in a while, but randomly when i changed from the stock rom to harmonia it started giving that error

11. Dracable

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Humboldt County, CA
    try one of my rom builds. theres nothing wrong with harmonia, but for some weird reason, my builds seem to b fixing a lot of these errors. try either stock rom 2 (in the stock rom thread near the end), ics2 (not the original post, but the release near the end of the thread), drandroid lite, or hades. i build them differently and some users report luck with my builds. give it a shot and let us know!