• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error code 128 on my VM Venture

nayrej

Feb 3, 2013
I've been getting a "128 error code" message since I rooted my venture.
The text of the message is:
"Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."
I have turned the phone off, removed the battery, re-flashed the rom, left the phone off, loaded a different antivirus, tried a different mail client, etc...
It doesn't really affect anything other than I am having to dismiss the message often. Any ideas? There is a similar error with the Boost phone Prevail, but nothing really came of the thread. Thanks.

it sounds to me like u need to call and get vm on the phone, from what blean says. doesnt hurt to call them and try! just cuz u cant find info specific to vm on google doesnt mean vm cant help u. try calling em. i dont kno anything specific about ur code, but i do kno that i have gotten error codes before because of messups on setting up my account on vm's side.

Upvote 0
dont know for sure, but if flashing a rom helped the OP, u might wanna try the same. could just be some sort of data corruption. if u bought the phone new, and u havent been messing with it, i would return it for a new one before u try anything. probably corruption, probably defective.
it's kinda oldish, its been activated before, but hasn't been in a while, but randomly when i changed from the stock rom to harmonia it started giving that error

Upvote 0
try one of my rom builds. theres nothing wrong with harmonia, but for some weird reason, my builds seem to b fixing a lot of these errors. try either stock rom 2 (in the stock rom thread near the end), ics2 (not the original post, but the release near the end of the thread), drandroid lite, or hades. i build them differently and some users report luck with my builds. give it a shot and let us know!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones