• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error code 67 after handset update?

o.k...lets see if you have a recovery.
Go into your bootloader like this.....pull your battery.
Wait about a minute then reinsert your battery.
While holding the volume down button, press/hold the power button.
The screen that comes up is your bootloader screen.
(while your at it, post here what is says too)
From that screen, select the recovery option and press power to select it.
Tell us what comes up :)

In Titanium Backup, did you back up what you wanted? User apps, texts, etc? That info will be saved to your sd card which will not be affected by rooting.

And just be sure to transfer the rom to your sd card also.

Edit: dont worry about that app in the play store. Not needed now anyhoo :)

I apologize, but I have some children I have to take care of, so I understand if I lose you for a little while in guiding me through this.

For now, I attached a pic of the ROM download screen, I noticed the file is a zip, do I have to unzip this and put this on the root of my SD card, or can I unzip into a new folder named, say \ROM, or will the recovery know what to do with it? I also have a snapshot of the Recovery Boot Screen, it went there! :)

I'm going to do that 'My Backup Pro' before I start all this and verify if I did the Titanium Backup right or not. Should I do the My Backup Pro instead, will that do everything? And, I do this before I do the ROM thing, right?

THANKS!

Attachments

• ROM.JPG
    ROM.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 34
  • downloading.jpg
    downloading.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
I apologize, but I have some children I have to take care of, so I understand if I lose you for a little while in guiding me through this.

For now, I attached a pic of the ROM download screen, I noticed the file is a zip, do I have to unzip this and put this on the root of my SD card, or can I unzip into a new folder named, say \ROM, or will the recovery know what to do with it? I also have a snapshot of the Recovery Boot Screen, it went there! :)

I'm going to do that 'My Backup Pro' before I start all this and verify if I did the Titanium Backup right or not. Should I do the My Backup Pro instead, will that do everything? And, I do this before I do the ROM thing, right?

THANKS!
That screen with the "revolutionary" at the top is your bootloader screen
See where it says recovery?
highlight that and press power to select it.
Tell me what comes up.
That other screen is the rom download screen and no, do not unzip it...just download it to your computer and put it on the sd card...dont put it in any folder on the sd card....just on the "root" or "top" of the card. Just drop it onto it.
To make sure the rom download it clean, as in, not corrupt, you need to verify the md5.
See where it says md5 and a whole lot of numbers and letters? That number should match the number of your download...if it matches, it is non-corrupt.
You can use a number of MD5 file check programs available on the web...just search for md5 verifier. I use this...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qXhi-r3zHBJGRYKyA&sig2=Q0LbHAdF8gO4K9kiHoQwaA...
(It is also called the md5 checksum)

I would use TB to back things up...I only say that because it is what I use, and I am familiar with it. And yes, backup things to TB prior to the rom download.
After the rom flash, you just need to re-download TB and the Pro Key from the PlayStore and then you can install your app backups/texts and whatever else you backed up .....do not, no need to backup system apps...just user apps..follow? You will not be restoring system apps for now anyhoo.

I am just curious as to what recovery you have.
:)

Reactions: joeadvert
Upvote 0
Ok. He has S-off with Revolutionary. Cool. He definitely has some sort of recovery.

So here is the next few steps. We'll guide you through this... just bear with us. Directions on doing this will probably come from different sources depending on who is available at the time.

Download that .zip file. Place it in your SD card. Do not unzip it. Place it as is. If you tell us what kind of recovery you have then we can help you with exact directions... but

Once you place the file in your SD card. Go into fastboot like you posted a picture of (Mikestory gave you directions on post #24). Then use the vol +/- button to move and power button to select. Select recovery. When it comes up either take a picture of that so we can tell you exactly what to do or go through the recovery and find a backup option.

You want to make a backup. That is what is called Nandroid backup.

Please be careful of what you do from here on out. No random key presses. Do a user data wipe. Format /system. Then find the "flash zip" option. Opt to select the zip. Find the zip in your sd card and flash it.

If you're confused then let us know what kind of recovery you have and we'll tell you exactly where to find the option you need and what the exact words will be.

After you flash it then reboot the phone.

Do the ##000000# and change the MDN/MSID. If the option doesn't come up let us know and we'll find a different rom for you to flash. No need to do a nandroid this time.

If you get to the MDN/MSID options do the stuff outlined on post #5. After the phone is reactivated and you get your phone working (voice, text and internet) then let us know and we'll tell you how to restore your nandroid backup and it'll put you back in action.

As for your losing contacts etc question... When you're back up with the stock rom you wont have any contacts. You'll have to setup the phone as if for the first time! But once you sign back into your gmail account you'll get your contacts back. But if all goes well you will only be on the stock rom for a short amount of time. You'll do the reset and check things and then restore your nandroid. With your nandroid will come back your phone EXACTLY as it was before the nandroid (contacts, apps, texts etc) but the connection settings that you restored while on the stock rom will carry over.

Hope this helps.

Oh. Another thing. Do no EVER call Boost about this phone. Best case scenario they'll tell you they cannot help you. Worst case they'll lock your account for using an "unauthorized" device on your account. Whatever you got going with that phone you'll have to troubleshoot it yourself.

Upvote 0
First and foremost, I have to tell all of you here, how wowwed I am by the outpouring of help and consideration I am getting from all of you. I am blown away, and greatly appreciative. I am beyond excited about going through this process and it's awesome!

Okay, so, I'm about to be on the road for a few hours, so I don't think I'm going to continue the process unless I can do this without having to get back to any of you because I still need my phone and if I'm stuck I might not have use of it for several hours before any of you can get back to me.

But, I do have a few questions:

1. Re: "Once you place the file in your SD card. Go into fastboot like you posted a picture of (Mikestory gave you directions on post #24). Then use the vol +/- button to move and power button to select. Select recovery. When it comes up either take a picture of that so we can tell you exactly what to do or go through the recovery and find a backup option."

a) MY DATA - Okay, I am going to do my backup using My Backup Root, it looks like it's going to handle all my data, I already tested it. Okay?

b) MY APPS - it as suggested I use the above or Titanium BU, but won't the Nandroid backup take care of this for me?

c) So, the only thing holding me back is the bold writing above w/concern to telling me exactly what to do. So, I am reluctant to go on to this step, therefore, once I do Data and the Nandroid backup (unless that is what you are referring to), I will get whatever pics I can, post them for you. But at that point, can I halt the process and be able to use my phone until I get the okay from you guys to go on? Or, will it be no turning back once I get there, i.e. does the process just start executing?

It is about 8pm PST, I won't be by my computer for about 2-4 hours from now, but I plan on doing the Data Backup and hopefully the Nandroid one too (again, unless this is where you will need to guide me). After that, I'll just have to wait and see who gets on and tells me where to go from there.

You guys rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you, soooo much! And, thanks for the heads up warning about talking to Boost. I love this, it's kinda Robin Hood-ish!

Upvote 0
First and foremost, I have to tell all of you here, how wowwed I am by the outpouring of help and consideration I am getting from all of you. I am blown away, and greatly appreciative. I am beyond excited about going through this process and it's awesome!

Okay, so, I'm about to be on the road for a few hours, so I don't think I'm going to continue the process unless I can do this without having to get back to any of you because I still need my phone and if I'm stuck I might not have use of it for several hours before any of you can get back to me.

But, I do have a few questions:

1. Re: "Once you place the file in your SD card. Go into fastboot like you posted a picture of (Mikestory gave you directions on post #24). Then use the vol +/- button to move and power button to select. Select recovery. When it comes up either take a picture of that so we can tell you exactly what to do or go through the recovery and find a backup option."

a) MY DATA - Okay, I am going to do my backup using My Backup Root, it looks like it's going to handle all my data, I already tested it. Okay?

b) MY APPS - it as suggested I use the above or Titanium BU, but won't the Nandroid backup take care of this for me?

c) So, the only thing holding me back is the bold writing above w/concern to telling me exactly what to do. So, I am reluctant to go on to this step, therefore, once I do Data and the Nandroid backup (unless that is what you are referring to), I will get whatever pics I can, post them for you. But at that point, can I halt the process and be able to use my phone until I get the okay from you guys to go on? Or, will it be no turning back once I get there, i.e. does the process just start executing?

It is about 8pm PST, I won't be by my computer for about 2-4 hours from now, but I plan on doing the Data Backup and hopefully the Nandroid one too (again, unless this is where you will need to guide me). After that, I'll just have to wait and see who gets on and tells me where to go from there.

You guys rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you, soooo much! And, thanks for the heads up warning about talking to Boost. I love this, it's kinda Robin Hood-ish!

1. We would like to know what recovery you have..there are a couple different ones.
When you select the "recovery" option in your bootloader screen, it will take you to the recovery screen.
Either take a photo of it, or tell us what it says at the bottom..something like CWM, or AmonRA, or Smelkus, or TWRP (different recoveries)
You can reboot from recovery no problem
You make a nandroid backup from recovery....like I said, it is like a restore point, or a save point.
It is a complete picture of your current phones status...rom/data/apps/everything.
Titanium backup does not backup everything like a nandroid backup does.
If you ever restore from a nandroid backup, it will bring your phone back to the point you made that backup.
Titanium backup, backs up what you tell it to...user apps and/or data for those apps. You can restore all the user apps and/or data..or 1 or 2 of the apps.
You use TB after a new rom flash to restore user apps and/or data, so you dont have to download them again and set up the app again how you like it.
Once you go into recovery, you can reboot out of it...no problems.
I'm on Central time, so now it is 10:15 p.m. and almost time for my beauty sleep :)
We can do more later if you wish,...just want to know at this moment what recovery you have and make a nandroid backup...after the backup..you can reboot out of recovery. Nothing will be lost because you didn't wipe anything.

Upvote 0
1. We would like to know what recovery you have..there are a couple different ones.
When you select the "recovery" option in your bootloader screen, it will take you to the recovery screen.
Either take a photo of it, or tell us what it says at the bottom..something like CWM, or AmonRA, or Smelkus, or TWRP (different recoveries)
You can reboot from recovery no problem
You make a nandroid backup from recovery....like I said, it is like a restore point, or a save point.
It is a complete picture of your current phones status...rom/data/apps/everything.
Titanium backup does not backup everything like a nandroid backup does.
If you ever restore from a nandroid backup, it will bring your phone back to the point you made that backup.
Titanium backup, backs up what you tell it to...user apps and/or data for those apps. You can restore all the user apps and/or data..or 1 or 2 of the apps.
You use TB after a new rom flash to restore user apps and/or data, so you dont have to download them again and set up the app again how you like it.
Once you go into recovery, you can reboot out of it...no problems.
I'm on Central time, so now it is 10:15 p.m. and almost time for my beauty sleep :)
We can do more later if you wish,...just want to know at this moment what recovery you have and make a nandroid backup...after the backup..you can reboot out of recovery. Nothing will be lost because you didn't wipe anything.

Thanks mikestony, again, you guys are awesome!

Okay, I didn't leave yet, but about to run out the door. I can't take a picture, but I have the info.

Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4

Menu Choices
- reboot system now
- apply update from sdcard
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- install zip from sdcard
- backup and restore
- mounts and storage
- advanced
- power off
- +++++Go Back +++++

Advanced Menu from above
- Reboot Recovery
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Wipe Battery Stats
- Report Error
- Key Test
- Show Log
- Partition SD Card
- Fix Permissions
- +++++Go Back +++++

Okay, if you are on your beauty rest, rest well; thank you!!!!

Upvote 0
Thank you soooo much guys, it's done, it's working; thank you, thank you, thank you!

I couldn't wait, and felt like I had enough great info from you guys, so I did it in wee hours of the night while you all slept. I got the phone back up, data and apps back, everything looks so far to be working perfectly, possibly better than before.

So, I have one more question, is there any way to avoid my phone from being messed up or flagged or subject to the "random security checker" or whatever it was that caused the service to be interrupted?

This is GREAT, I LOVE IT! You guys are GREAT!

YIPPIEEEEEE!:D:D:D:D

Again, I appreciate all your help, time, effort, consideration, and patience with me. This forum is awesome, you guys are awesome. Thank you again!

Upvote 0
Thank you soooo much guys, it's done, it's working; thank you, thank you, thank you!

I couldn't wait, and felt like I had enough great info from you guys, so I did it in wee hours of the night while you all slept. I got the phone back up, data and apps back, everything looks so far to be working perfectly, possibly better than before.

So, I have one more question, is there any way to avoid my phone from being messed up or flagged or subject to the "random security checker" or whatever it was that caused the service to be interrupted?

This is GREAT, I LOVE IT! You guys are GREAT!

YIPPIEEEEEE!:D:D:D:D

Again, I appreciate all your help, time, effort, consideration, and patience with me. This forum is awesome, you guys are awesome. Thank you again!
Ahh! NICE!
Glad you got it going!
I don't have an answer for you about the "random security checker" thing though.

Makes me happy to see a member having their issues resolved:D

Upvote 0
one thing i would like to add and that is you might want to switch your recovery. clockwork mod (cwm) just does not wipe well enough and have caused a lot issues because of it. i would really recommend that you switch. i use amon ra 2.3, but others here really like the smelkus recovery. you can get most roms, and recoveries from the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/618281-list-utilities-apps-roms-kernels-og-evo.html.

and here is a root guide for you:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html.
just skip the rooting stuff and go to the after root sections, it has a ton of info including how to switch recoveries.

Upvote 0
I second ocnbrze on the amon ra recovery. That is the one I use myself. Never gave me hassles.

As for avoiding this further that I'm not sure. The part I'm not sure about is why this happened in the first place. What? You want me to guess? Here goes...

Ok. By writing in the MDN/MSID combo and getting your phone back working you proved one thing. Nothing was wrong with your profile 0. Ok. So why did this happen? My guess is that you came close to another person who has the same profile 0. How is that possible? I mean profile 0 is unique to each phone right? Well yes. But with a flashed phone all bets are off. I think you got your phone flashed by a shady store, who didn't really have a donor phone. What they did was fake your profile 0 and get your phone authenticated on the Sprint/Boost network. But when you came in close contact with your doppelganger (you guys were on the same tower) the tower noticed that you both were the same profile 0 and kicked one or both of you off the data network. They either got the same profile by getting their phone flashed by the same store or they are the owners of the real donor phone!

How can I verify my theory? By making sure that the donor meid and the details of profile 0 match. If they dont then my theory is correct. If they do then I need a better theory.

So how can you avoid this happening again? By avoiding your (phone's) doppelganger. But how can you know where they are? You cant. The other way to avoid this to get a real donor and reflash your phone.

Leave it as it is. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. At least you now know how to get out of this mess if it happens again.

Upvote 0
I second ocnbrze on the amon ra recovery. That is the one I use myself. Never gave me hassles.

As for avoiding this further that I'm not sure. The part I'm not sure about is why this happened in the first place. What? You want me to guess? Here goes...

Ok. By writing in the MDN/MSID combo and getting your phone back working you proved one thing. Nothing was wrong with your profile 0. Ok. So why did this happen? My guess is that you came close to another person who has the same profile 0. How is that possible? I mean profile 0 is unique to each phone right? Well yes. But with a flashed phone all bets are off. I think you got your phone flashed by a shady store, who didn't really have a donor phone. What they did was fake your profile 0 and get your phone authenticated on the Sprint/Boost network. But when you came in close contact with your doppelganger (you guys were on the same tower) the tower noticed that you both were the same profile 0 and kicked one or both of you off the data network. They either got the same profile by getting their phone flashed by the same store or they are the owners of the real donor phone!

How can I verify my theory? By making sure that the donor meid and the details of profile 0 match. If they dont then my theory is correct. If they do then I need a better theory.

So how can you avoid this happening again? By avoiding your (phone's) doppelganger. But how can you know where they are? You cant. The other way to avoid this to get a real donor and reflash your phone.

Leave it as it is. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. At least you now know how to get out of this mess if it happens again.

I got the phone in Atlanta over a year ago, the thing went haywire on NYC on Tuesday; what are the odds of that happening, kinda trippy. Either way, I am pumped that I know how to fix this now.

Questions/thoughts:
1. I am definitely going to take the advice of you guys and change my Recovery; but how do I do that, does that mean I have to back everything up again and do the whole process over, like: Install new Recovery, Backup Apps/Data, Flash ROM, Restore?

2. That said, I am so giddy about this, I was actually thinking of redoing the whole process because my phone is exactly like it was before this happened (Gingerbread 2.3.3) but the one I flashed seemed newer and faster. I don't know if I am crazy, but I kinda liked it better, but didn't realize the Nandroid restore put me back to 2.3.3 and everything was exactly the same. Now, I thought it was fine before, but that small taste of the Flash ROM seemed a little more exciting to me.

So, here's what I was thinking (unless you think I should leave good enough alone):

1. probably I do the Recovery software change
2. then backup apps/data - I think I'll use My Backup Pro, so I can pick and choose what apps to bring over to the newer ROM (and not use Nandroid Backup because it doesn't let you pick, it seems only to do everything).
3. flash the new ROM again
4. restore my choosen apps/data from My Backup Pro.

Will this work, is my reasoning correct here? If I've got my reasoning wrong, please elaborate, I'm all ears, and again, much appreciative of your time and consideration, expertise.

5. Regarding ROM's, do you know of one that helps battery life and speed? I just want to get my information faster, not so concerned about fancy graphics or gaming on it.

I mentioned a ROM in Post #16, Karma, I watch a video on it and read, and it sounded like it was faster and helped battery life. I also noticed there seems to be many, many, many ROMs out there, are these reliable or should I just stick to the one I flashed yesterday?

If it's pretty much the same process, I would rather put the best versions of whatever on my EVO 4G (incl highest ver of Android). So, if you have any recommendations for ROM, Recovery, etc... please let me know.

6. Also, when I try to use 4g, I pick up strong 4g signals but it doesn't seem to connect on the net. Boost has 4g now, is there a way to get this? I would even pay the extra $5 mo for it, but they think I'm using another phone.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! THIS IS GREAT.

Upvote 0
Hey Joe,
Installing, or, flashing, a new recovery will not wipe out anything...you can install different recoveries all day and not lose a thing.

Think of it this way...there are 3 mini O.S. on your phone.....1- bootloader (the screen where it says s-off-----2. recovery--the screen where you posted info in your post [post=5210844]32[/post].....3--the rom.

I would recommend Amon Ra, or Smelkus, which are in the list that Ocn provided and he provided a link on how to install...his post [post=5212494]35[/post]

As far as roms go, in that list that Ocn provided a link to, there are many.
I forgot what rom you are on now but you can choose one from there.
I just flashed the latest, Decks Reloaded. Everything works out of the box.
It is an AOSP rom, so you cannot use the ## codes. You will have to temp. flash back to a Sense rom like MikG, to use those codes, then flash back (after you made a nandroid backup of course:) )

Upvote 0
Well, guess what, after all that effort, my phone went off yesterday, I went through the process, and tried to activate the phone and it said:

"MEID/ESN provided is already in use by another customer. Please call Boost Care to activate this."

So, I bought this phone in Atlanta, can't recall exactly the dealers name. I've been getting calls texts to my phone for a guy in 404 area code (Atlanta), and when I send texts my friends are saying the 404 number is coming up

So, I presume the store I bought the phone from has reusing my MEID?

I've contacted some of the people who have been calling in, and left a message for the owner to get a hold of me so I can call the store and give them a piece of my mind, mainly fix things, but so far I haven't heard back.

So, can anyone tell me what the heck, how the heck, this happened; and what can I do/what options to get this phone working back on my account?

Thanks!

PS. I live in CA, can't even recall the name of the store either, hoping the guy who bought the phone will give me the info I need. I also know I should have done better research before purchasing, but the deal was setup by someone else, who I thought I could trust. My fault, ultimately.

Oh yeah, btw, can I use my Motorola W385 flip-phone/clamshell as my doner phone, or does it have to be something similar to EVO 4G, and if I need to get a doner, how should I go about this, what brand/models, etc...

Upvote 0
Well, guess what, after all that effort, my phone went off yesterday, I went through the process, and tried to activate the phone and it said:

"MEID/ESN provided is already in use by another customer. Please call Boost Care to activate this."

So, I bought this phone in Atlanta, can't recall exactly the dealers name. I've been getting calls texts to my phone for a guy in 404 area code (Atlanta), and when I send texts my friends are saying the 404 number is coming up

So, I presume the store I bought the phone from has reusing my MEID?

I've contacted some of the people who have been calling in, and left a message for the owner to get a hold of me so I can call the store and give them a piece of my mind, mainly fix things, but so far I haven't heard back.

So, can anyone tell me what the heck, how the heck, this happened; and what can I do/what options to get this phone working back on my account?

Thanks!

PS. I live in CA, can't even recall the name of the store either, hoping the guy who bought the phone will give me the info I need. I also know I should have done better research before purchasing, but the deal was setup by someone else, who I thought I could trust. My fault, ultimately.

Oh yeah, btw, can I use my Motorola W385 flip-phone/clamshell as my doner phone, or does it have to be something similar to EVO 4G, and if I need to get a doner, how should I go about this, what brand/models, etc...
Holy crap Joe!
Sorry to hear about your issue again man!
I think my best educated guess is to purchase a cheap donor phone from Boost and reflash your Evo, but don't quote me on that. I know I saw somewhere, a list of donor phones...one of which was the Sanyo Incognito phone...I think there are others....but like I said, that only my guess as to your solution now:thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm very sorry to hear that joe. Unfortunately at this point it looks like the best thing to do would be to go ahead and get a real Boost phone.

Here is my point. You'll have to get a donor. The phone that you have is a 1xRTT phone. You will be unable to get 3g speeds with that phone. A donor will cost you $30 or more. Next you'll either have to learn to do the flashing yourself or you'll have to pay someone to do it for you. That'll set you back another $70 or more. There are some folks on ebay who can do this for you and that's about the going rate.

At the end of that you'll have a phone which will not get voicemail notifications and it will not get 4g service even if it is in a 4g covered area. The phone will have error 16 from time to time and you may face other issues. Plus it might become "unflashed" without any warning simply by flashing a ROM (actually this only happened on my Evo 3d, never on my Evo 4g).

You'll also avoid the hassle of having to install the programs needed to get this thing done if you're going to be doing this on your own. The programs have viruses in them and your computer is going to be all wonky after you do this. That is unless you decide to pay for the real CDMA ws ($100+). If you get an incognito as your donor then you'll also have to hunt down a win xp box since they only have drivers for that phone on XP.

Take all that money. Put it towards a Boost handset. $150 will get you a decent set with decent features. If you buy used then you'll get more bang for your buck but if you buy brand new then you'll get a warranty and if something should go wrong you'll be covered. You'll also have smooth service from Boost (as smooth as their service gets that is). Plus everything will work as advertised.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I thougth I'd point out that Virgin Mobile is having a super sale. Last's till the 26th or "while supplies last".

Their version of the Evo 3d (Evo V 4g) is being sold for $150. Brand new. You'll have to transfer service to Virgin but it'll be fast and almost painless. Boost and Virgin are both Sprint MVNOs. Comes with a warranty. You'll still be under Sprint towers with no roaming so expect the same great (or crappy) service.

The only thing you'll really lose is shrinkage. Virgin has one leg up on Boost though. They offer unlimited talk and text for $35 a month. You'll only have 300 min though. Great if you're not a talker. No need to wait 18 months for shrinkage.

Boost Mobile also has a few sales going on. Might want to head over to their site and check things out.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm starting to feel like I'm in a Soap Opera, the twists, turns, ohhh, the drama. Well, good news!

Though I didn't have a my number and account associated with my phone, the guy who took it over didn't. And, so, as I said, I was getting his friends calling and texting me. I told a handful of them to have the guy call me (at his number :p, and sure enough he did. It was funny, because he thought I'd stole his phone.

Well, thanks to all the details you provided, I explained to him what happened; and we teamed up on the rooter (if that's what their called), and he apologized and had my phone back to normal within an hour.

I plan on calling him back, maybe he'll send me the donor phone, but mainly to make sure he doesn't use that donor again with anyone else.

So, now I've got my toy and I'm ready to play again, I'm going to change my recovery, and hopefully keep the ROM with gingerbread upgrade 2.3.5, which seemed to run a little faster and better on my battery. Am I imagining things? Also, can I put, like Ice Cream Sandwich on it, will it work, or should I just stick with 2.3.5, or even what I have?

Thanks everyone!!!!!! :)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Well, I'm starting to feel like I'm in a Soap Opera, the twists, turns, ohhh, the drama. Well, good news!

Though I didn't have a my number and account associated with my phone, the guy who took it over didn't. And, so, as I said, I was getting his friends calling and texting me. I told a handful of them to have the guy call me (at his number :p, and sure enough he did. It was funny, because he thought I'd stole his phone.

Well, thanks to all the details you provided, I explained to him what happened; and we teamed up on the rooter (if that's what their called), and he apologized and had my phone back to normal within an hour.

I plan on calling him back, maybe he'll send me the donor phone, but mainly to make sure he doesn't use that donor again with anyone else.

So, now I've got my toy and I'm ready to play again, I'm going to change my recovery, and hopefully keep the ROM with gingerbread upgrade 2.3.5, which seemed to run a little faster and better on my battery. Am I imagining things? Also, can I put, like Ice Cream Sandwich on it, will it work, or should I just stick with 2.3.5, or even what I have?

Thanks everyone!!!!!! :)
What an ordeal you have been thru Joe! I"m happy you got it straightened out :)
Officially I don't think there is, or will ever be, an ICS update to our phones. There are roms based on ICS you could try.
Just don't accept the OTA updates...you'll run into more issues;)

Battery life will vary from user to user even with everything the same...rom/kernel/settings. So your results will vary.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones