• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error code: 8507

I updated mine the day I got it but haven't seen a new update since..

1380649622526.jpg

Upvote 0
The mobile that I worked on was purchased very recently, it updated itself...I will see if I can grab it sometime today, perhaps there is an update out. (I cannot remember the current revision number right off the top of my head.)

I do know that your error code is somewhat related to stock applications that need to be present in order for them to be updated. *Which is partly what the updates cover*

Here is a previous error on the phone's predecessor.

http://androidforums.com/hydro-all-things-root/687026-update-error-8507-a.html

Upvote 0
I just spent the entire day on the phone with Kyrocera and Boostmobile Resolution center regarding this error code. I was informed that this "update" is failing because it is attempting to install over the same software version. Meaning, that software version 1.001SP is the latest version. I would like to point out that after an initial prompt to download this software update, and it failed, I continued manually to update it with it also failing. So guys, in the end, according to both Kyrocera and Boost, this is an unneeded update and the software version is, in fact, up to date. Sorry for the headaches I am sure many of you have undergone regarding this.

Reactions: hopedpocketts
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones