• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error during firmware update, please help.

I was updating my firmware for the Galaxy S and it said something along the lines of not being able to be completed because I don't have 'rapi.dll', so naturally I downloaded that file and shoved it in the System32 folder. After doing so, it said in order for the changes to take effect I'd need to reboot. At first I was a bit iffy because Kies stated specifically not to disconnect etc during the process, but seeing as I had no choice I did so. After I rebooted, I tried to open Kies and it just kept coming up with "Mainstage has stopped working" and crashing. Right now, I've uninstalled Kies, downloaded the newest version from the site and installed it. It's opening fine, however it can't detect my phone and my phone is stuck on this screen:

vzdnva.jpg

Any help would be hugelyyyyyy appreciated, thank-you!

I too had an issue while upgrading the firmware via Kies and the phone screen was stuck at the downloading display.

What I did was rebooted the phone (I dint have any other choice as the "Target" was already off) and it was back to how it was before the update.
Updated Kies to latest and connected the phone; Kies recognized it and I restarted the firmware upgrade. Rest was smooth.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
I have been through this problem thrice before successfully getting it updated through kies. At first even I was furious to disconnect the phone when it stuck on the failed to upgrade screen but I just rebooted the phone and it was okay. When you say you have downloaded the file rapi.dll did you just downloaded the file itself and saved it to the required location? In my case I am using windows 7, when I googled for the error some where it gave me a link for downloading software from microsoft website containing the required rapi.dll file "Windows Mobile Device Center" after downloading and installing it everything went fine and I was able to upgrade the firmware. In case you are still facing the problem with kies suggest you to go for a system restore for a previous date where you didn't had the rapi.dll file and try again it should work or just try deleting the file for the location you saved in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones