• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error flashing a rom...

1eyebrother

Aug 6, 2010
I have flashed tons of roms and have never ran into this error before...From Rom manager I install from sd card, click backup and wipe...From there it goes into the screen normally to backup and install but I get theses 2 errors...

waiting for sd card to mount
no such file or directory

Those errors repeat and then the phone reboots...

The phone is the Droid and I'm trying to flash Liquid Gingerbread 1.3

This is my friends phone and I just put that same rom on my droid easily...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

What Recovery do you have? Probably ClockworkMod if you're using ROM Manager...

Power up the phone using x+power and, once in Recovery, there is an option to "wipe data/factory reset". That also wipes cache at the same time. Do that (I do it 3 times in a row), and then "Install .zip from SD card". Select "Choose .zip" and scroll to your ROM of choice. Select it and choose "yes" to install.

And away you go! :)

Reactions: 1eyebrother
Upvote 0
boot into Recovery (power + x at startup) and then install the ROMs zip from Recovery mode. this of course means you need to download the ROMs zip file to your SD card.

since I NEVER use ROM Manager to install ROMs, I am not sure if it downloads the zip to your SD card, would assume it does, and if so, you just install the zip file manually from Recovery versus through ROM Manager. you just need to navigate to it from Recovery by selecting to install a zip file from in Recovery.

it is just a more manual method of install.

EDIT: The_Chief beat me to it :)

Reactions: 1eyebrother
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones