• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "Error in cache/recovery/last_log (I/O Error)" aosp

D

Deleted User

Hey all. just flashed the newest blacksource 2.2.1. wiped cache/delvik/ and format system as droid theory has said with all his roms.

After flashing the newest 2.2.1 just now, it says "install from sd card complete" as always, and displayed this right below it--

"Error in cache/recovery/last_log (I/O Error)"

anyone know what this means?

***(It should be noted that in the last 2 days I switched from 2.1>2.2>2.1>2.2.1 AND also my market has been acting weird, keeps force closing when updating an app.

UPDATE: market doesnt work. FC everytime i DL or update anything. going to try a fully clean install i think

Should I do a fresh install with wiping data and everything? Or is this no problem?

Before any rom flash you should wipe cache and dalvik cache regardless of where you are coming from or going to.

Try backing up whatever you need to with titanium. Going into recovery and wiping data/factory reset, wiping cache, wiping dalvik cache, the reflash whichever rom you are trying to run. You can format /system if you want, it wouldn't hurt and seeing as you are getting force closes and errors with system apps it may be a good idea and get you started on a clean slate.

Upvote 0
did you guys look at your recovery logs?

flash the rom again,this time look for an option to move recovery log to sd before you try and boot.

move the file to your pc,copy it to pastebin and put a link,or just paste it here inside some
Code:
 tags[/QUOTE]

what does this mean exactly? could you help me out a bit where do i look at my recovery logs?

so is the option you are speaking of inside recovery? should i just try to reinstall the ROM on a cleap wipe? would this help?

Upvote 0
If you are still having the issue then reflash the rom. You could try not wiping as that seemed to fix dig's issue. If you get the error and you are using CWM then go to advanced in CWM and do the "report error" option. Then put it online or copy paste it here with the BBCode tags
HTML:
[code] and [/code]

I can't figure out how to turn off BBCode to show it any clearer

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
If you are still having the issue then reflash the rom. You could try not wiping as that seemed to fix dig's issue. If you get the error and you are using CWM then go to advanced in CWM and do the "report error" option. Then put it online or copy paste it here with the BBCode tags
HTML:
[code] and [/code]

I can't figure out how to turn off BBCode to show it any clearer

this is what it says when i click "report error"

"/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log"

please open ROM manager to report this issue

Upvote 0
I just went to CWM recovery and tried to reinstall blacksource 2.2.1 without wiping anything. it gave me an error and said that "installation was aborted" im rebooting my phone now and it seems as if its stuck on the htc splash screen..... might just revert to a recovery. never had this much trouble before.

any suggestions?! HELP!

Upvote 0
what does this mean exactly? could you help me out a bit where do i look at my recovery logs?

so is the option you are speaking of inside recovery? should i just try to reinstall the ROM on a cleap wipe? would this help?

yes... there should be an option inside recovery to move the log to sd. youll want to move it before trying to boot. it may help someone figure out what is going on that the flash didnt work properly

after you do this,there will be a log on your sd called "recovery". just move it to your pc once youve booted to a working rom. you can copy and paste all the text here,or go to "pastebin.com" and paste it there,and then give a link.

as far as your white screen,dont panic,just pull the battery,go back to recovery,and full wipe and either restore a backup or flash a rom.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
yes... there should be an option inside recovery to move the log to sd. youll want to move it before trying to boot. it may help someone figure out what is going on that the flash didnt work properly

after you do this,there will be a log on your sd called "recovery". just move it to your pc once youve booted to a working rom. you can copy and paste all the text here,or go to "pastebin.com" and paste it there,and then give a link.

as far as your white screen,dont panic,just pull the battery,go back to recovery,and full wipe and either restore a backup or flash a rom.

thanks man, worked like a charm. i did a factory data reset too. its been a while. felt like it needed it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones