1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Error in CACHE: recovery/log (No space left on device) + Other Gripes.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by permazorch, Sep 5, 2011.

1. permazorch

permazorch Member

Error in CACHE: recovery/log (No space left on device)

Hero CDMA
    currently running aospCMod-HEROC-20110523

My SMS functions have been way, way off. Sometimes it takes a day to receive a message. This started after my loading the aospCMod 5/23 update, and taking the plunge with firerats.

I do NOT mean to imply it was either of those additions responsible for my phone burkage.

When I attempted to load my earliest nandroid (read somewhere that doing so would solve the SMS problem), I got

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast

I would switch from the Aosp ROM to CM7.1 ROM. It runs smooth as butter. I also would ditch the firerat MOD cause I feel it is the cause of a lot of peoples problems, but thats just me. As for the Nandroids, you will only be able to load them with the recovery you created them with AFAIK. If that is the clockwork mod, then re-flash it and try again.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

It sounds like an issue with Firerat's mod. I see a few people get this error and it is usually related to a cache size being made too small.

It does give you copious amounts of internal storage, but it seems to cause issues here and there. I think you have to flash your recovery again to get rid of Firerat's mod.

4. permazorch

permazorch Member

So, my first step will be to remove firerats mod. Hopefully, I'll find it a semi-unproblematic process.

Will keep you posted.

5. permazorch

permazorch Member

Apparently, one only has to enter recovery to get rid of the firerats mod. Is this all I have to do?

Burned myself so many times, I'm scared to make a move.

6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I am pretty sure you need to flash your recovery again. That seems to be the consensus on the way to get rid of Firerat's mod.

I have not used Firerat's mod, so I am only going off of what I have read over the months. Give that a try and see if it works.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews