• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error Installing New App

Sideswipe29

Lurker
Dec 12, 2014
Hello I'm new to these forums but I'm running into this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze and I need help.

I'm trying to download this new app, I'm not updating an app. I want to install a new app. However each time I try to download it the error "Package File Invalid" pops up. I've searched ways to fix this on various sites such as:

Clearing google play cache
Uninstalling updates
Uninstalling google play services
Clearing google play data

I'm at a loss now and don't know what to do. I don't want to have to resort to a factory reset because I know I'll lose valuable data that I need. If anyone has any tips and advise I'd greatly appreciate it. Again, I'm not updating an app like Instagram (I know this issue came up when people tried updating that). I'm trying to download a game called Trivia Crack and the error always shows up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones