• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error: Invoke-customs are only supported starting with Android O (--min-api 26)

As myself and my collegue running same android code in different os.when my collegue run the code in ubuntu() its code was successfully running.

he shared the code via bitbucket i am cloning same code and try to running in win10 but i am facing following error throw:-
----------------------------

Error: Invoke-customs are only supported starting with Android O (--min-api 26)

stacktrace
-----------------------------

com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Failed to process H:\projects\zinx-player1\app\build\intermediates\transforms\instantRun\debug\0
com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Error while dexing.
com.android.tools.r8.CompilationFailedException: Compilation failed to complete
com.android.tools.r8.utils.AbortException: Error: Invoke-customs are only supported starting with Android O (--min-api 26)

i verified the following link to check version compactblity everything.but not clear my issue

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-supported-starting-with-android-0-min-api-26

my basic config:
android {
compileSdkVersion 28
buildToolsVersion '28.0.3'
defaultConfig {
minSdkVersion 16
targetSdkVersion 28

renderscriptTargetApi 28
vectorDrawables.useSupportLibrary = true

applicationId 'com.arun.carapplication'

versionCode 170
versionName '1.2.0'
multiDexEnabled true
}

Attachments

• Screenshot (68).png
    Screenshot (68).png
    130 KB · Views: 295

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones