• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error message appears every time I start my phone...

alex_ncfc

Aug 1, 2010
UK
Hi all, each time I start my phone, in the last few days I've noticed an error comes up in one of the small black notification boxes that appears towards the bottom of the screen. Startup is normal other than this but the error reads:

"Could not download message. Please try again later"

I have no idea what this is referring to - whether it be a text, e-mail, or maybe something to do with the apps such as Facebook. It's a very minor annoyance, but does anybody have any idea how I can investigate this one?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi all, each time I start my phone, in the last few days I've noticed an error comes up in one of the small black notification boxes that appears towards the bottom of the screen. Startup is normal other than this but the error reads:

"Could not download message. Please try again later"

I have no idea what this is referring to - whether it be a text, e-mail, or maybe something to do with the apps such as Facebook. It's a very minor annoyance, but does anybody have any idea how I can investigate this one?

Thanks,

Alex

But you have no clue what the app is?

That is going to be tough not knowing what app you are talking about.

Open each app one by one on your phone and see which app re-produces this message.

Maybe open Facebook app and see if it gives you that message.

Highly doubt it is a txt or email (unless there is some draft message that is improperly filled out or something)

Most likely some other app. Maybe open email and try and hit the menu button and then chose refresh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones