• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error on attempt to put rom in

Streetkingz

Lurker
Dec 24, 2011
Hey, I'm helping my friend install a new rom on his Droid X because the GB update messed his phone up. The Recovery version is 2.xxxx. I have Team Liquid's rom which won't install and it says

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature"
"E: signature verification failed"
"Installation aborted."

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A SOLUTION

You are bootlooping. You will need to wipe all you data by going into stock recovery. Do this by holding the home button and power at the same time. When you see the android triangle let the buttons go and press both volume up and down at the same time. You need to navigate down using the volume down button to wipe data/factory reset. Press the power button to select. Once this is finished you should be able to boot up. If not you will need to Sbf the phone. Check the guides for all the instructions on how to do this. Good luck and be sure to come back if you need more help. Once you fix this problem you can check out the guide for flashing Roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones