• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error on Rooting Micromax A50

I am getting error while trying to root my Micromax A50 phone.

I am using Windows XP Profession 32 Bit Operating System on my PC. I get stuck at the 3rd step which is mentioned on the How to Root Micromax A50 thread on this forum.

When I MT6573_Android_scatter.txt in SP Flash Tool, I get the following error.

Assertion failed: 0 && "Syntax error: xml file to be loaded could not be found", file .\XMLNode.cpp, line 33

Then the message "Abnormal program termination" pop ups after which program closes.

I tried several times, but received the same error. I even turned off Firewall and Anti Virus software. I tried running SP Flash Tool as Administrator and even downloaded all the files including MT6573_Android_scatter.txt again from internet using different website but nothing worked.

Please tell the solution. I have seen some others complaining about this issue on internet while rooting different android phone. Kindly help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones