1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Error reading file problem in video edit

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Charles Lee, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Newbie

I took several videos with my Note 10. When I tried to edit them by pressing the pen icon, I got a "error reading file" message. What is the fix of that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

mikedt likes this.
  3. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Newbie

The file is mp4 format. I took the file with my note 10. I can play the file on the note 10 and on PC. I only get the error reading file message when I try to edit the file in Gallery.

4. puppykickr

Which is why I gave you the link to another video editor.

Download and install YouCut, and find the video in your Gallery.

Then choose edit, or share, and then select YouCut.

In order for it to show up as an editor, you may need to clear the defaults on your Gallery app

Trust me, I use YouCut myself. It is quick, easy, and without knowing anything about your gallery (except that it won't play this video) I am betting that YouCut offers more editing features.

And I have come across a few videos that say mp4 that would not play in my gallery either.

So, either transpose the video with the site or the other app, or just use YouCut.

5. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I found out that I have two apps called gallery on my phone. One icon looks like a mountain, and the other shows a flower or * pattern. I have problem using the pen icon with the mountain icon app, which I suspect is not a native Samsung app. The app with the flower icon maybe a Samsung app. I can click on the pen icon to edit the file. I prefer to use the non Samsung app to view my pictures because it showed different pictures in their storage folders. But the Samsung app shows all pictures lumped together. I guess I will view my pictures with the non Samsung app, and edit with the Samsung app.

6. puppykickr

Allow me to suggest another...

Simple Gallery Pro - Photo Manager & Editor (Browse your memories without any interruptions.) - https://f-droid.org/packages/com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro