• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error saving attachment from MMS

christr

Lurker
Jul 14, 2011
HI all,

love the phone so far, but one thing driving me bonkers right now. (and a few others as well from the VZ forum...) I can't save any of the ringtones I've bought from Verizon. Got the TXT message, can play it, but when I click 'save' it just says "Error Saving Attachment" and pukes. No useful info as to why... just dies. Tried with and without an SD card in there... tried saving from the player when it was playing, no dice... rebooted ,etc.

Any ideas? Is it just something stupid I'm not doing right or are these things porked up? I guess I should try sending myself a regular MMS and see if that works....

--chris

Did you find a resolution. I have the same issue.

FYI the phone is saving pictures taken from the camera just fine to the SD card.\\

Edit:

Wow this is embarrassing, I shut down and reseated the Sim card for a 3rd time and viola.

I guess 3rd time is a charm.

It was strange that pictures from the camera and app data was on the SD card but the text messages couldn't save there, but oh well it works now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones