• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error Sending Emails

ladiorange

Lurker
Jun 20, 2010
I have a Galaxy II (not sure what platform is running though this has been an ongoing issue for some time.)

Issue - there are two email programs. One called "gmail" and the other called "email". There is an issue with the gmail email program.

This issue only relates to some emails.

For the most part, I have no issues. I can see many sent emails in my sent folder that have been sent as a link from the huff po app, from within the gmail program as well as a "share a page/link" from the internet menu.

Unfortunately, there are a great number of emails that have never sent.

What i have tried so far
- Leaving the wifi on, turning the device on and off with sync selected
- Leaving the wifi on, hitting the refresh key in the gmail program
- Turning the wifi on, Mobile internet on, in data usage restrict background data off, turning the device on and off with sync selected
- Turning the wifi on, Mobile internet on, in data usage restrict background data off, hitting the refresh key in the gmail program

There are numerous emails that are not sending. They include:
- Emails i've sent whilst browsing the internet and using "Share page / link"
- Emails created from within the gmail app
- a number of huff po articles from within the huff po app (though want to mention that the vast majority of these links i've sent have been successfully emailed)

The oldest email is from 14 Dec 2012

Any thoughts on how I can get these emails to send?

Thanks

I have a Galaxy II (not sure what platform is running though this has been an ongoing issue for some time.)

Issue - there are two email programs. One called "gmail" and the other called "email". There is an issue with the gmail email program.

This issue only relates to some emails.

For the most part, I have no issues. I can see many sent emails in my sent folder that have been sent as a link from the huff po app, from within the gmail program as well as a "share a page/link" from the internet menu.

Unfortunately, there are a great number of emails that have never sent.

What i have tried so far
- Leaving the wifi on, turning the device on and off with sync selected
- Leaving the wifi on, hitting the refresh key in the gmail program
- Turning the wifi on, Mobile internet on, in data usage restrict background data off, turning the device on and off with sync selected
- Turning the wifi on, Mobile internet on, in data usage restrict background data off, hitting the refresh key in the gmail program

There are numerous emails that are not sending. They include:
- Emails i've sent whilst browsing the internet and using "Share page / link"
- Emails created from within the gmail app
- a number of huff po articles from within the huff po app (though want to mention that the vast majority of these links i've sent have been successfully emailed)

The oldest email is from 14 Dec 2012

Any thoughts on how I can get these emails to send?

Thanks

Have you checked your sent mail folder on Googlemail via a PC to confirm they were not sent, also check your drafts folder and outbox to confirm they were never actually generated.

If you find them it could be down to your pop/imap settings

you could also try this

http://mobile.jack-frost.co.uk/android_gmail_not_sending.php

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones