• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error When Calling Certain Contacts

geli7

Dec 20, 2009
I posted this in the regular Thunderbolt forum but I'm not getting any response, thought I'd try here....

I've been having an odd error when trying to call certain contacts. When I press the screen to call them, after a second or so the screen goes black and it says "CDMA: Retry Order" on the bottom of the screen. In the middle of the screen a popup comes up and says "Drag Right to Answer and Hold Active call"....but there's nothing to drag right. There's a dismiss button to touch, and I do, and that's it. No call.

This only happens with some, not all, contacts. Seems like it started a few days ago, but maybe it's been longer and I havent noticed because I havent had to call these contacts. I cannot make calls to these people. Any idea what this is? I know these are working numbers, I've called them on my land line.

Also, when I make ANY call with my phone, during that second or two before the call goes through there's a message at the top of the screen that says "No SIM card found. Please the phone". That's the exact wording...but then the call would go through anyway. Or, on certain contacts, I get the black popup I described above. What is all this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones