1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Error when sending text messages...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StickyMango, Oct 15, 2009.

1. StickyMango

StickyMango New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    So when sending text messages, I get the following message every single time i press 'send'

"com.android.mms A large number of text SMS messages are being sent. Select 'ok' to send"

So.....I did send out 100+ messages within like 5 minutes...just sending out a mass txt message letting people know of my new number. So is this Androids way of anti-spam?

I need a way to turn it off, because now I have to make this extra step every single time i send a text message :(

Advertisement

2. djthirst

djthirst Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Bump....I have this problem too....

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I've had similar problems before, I think the SMS app is quite buggy, try using ChompSMS instead of the stock SMS app, it seems to run better.

4. Fountain_Fiend

Fountain_Fiend New Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Gotta keep in touch with my legions of fans :p
    ChompSMS gives the same message "large number of messages" message ... anyone have a workaround?

5. Fountain_Fiend

Fountain_Fiend New Member

Jun 28, 2010
    In ChompSMS I went to settings -> SMS network -> mobile carrier settings -> and deselected "I am on USA T-Mobile" (i am on sprint) and selected CDMA split
    Then I selected a group in TextEasy app, then selected which of the group I wanted to msg, then those recipients were opened in a ChompSMS msg, and I sent to 51 people with no annoying large message warning...can anyone replicate this? I got the "large number of SMS messages are being sent" notification before changing this setting.

Tags: