1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Error while flashing boot image!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by macron181, May 30, 2011.

1. macron181

macron181 Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    I tried flashing Myn's Warm Z ROM, but it sent me to the white HTC EVO screen for 30 minutes, so I restarted in recovery and am now trying to recover from a backup I created earlier today.

However, when I try any of my backups, I get:

Checking MD5 sums...
    ERasing boot before restore...
    Restoring boot image...
    Error while flashing boot image!

I get this message when I attempt to restore any of my saved backups.

More info: I've been running Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo for the past couple of months, never had any issues. I even restored my phone to a Warm backup earlier today just fine.

Please help! Thank you!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    so you get that message every time you try and restore your backup? what recovery are you using?

3. macron181

macron181 Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    Yes, everytime with different restore dates. I'm using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

4. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    almost forgot to mention: Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

now, try wiping dalvik cache, cache, and system. if that does not work, then try flashing to another rom and see if we can get you booted up. another idea could be is that we get you a different recovery. but lets try the first two ideas first.

macron181 likes this.
  5. macron181

macron181 Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    I wiped data and cache (I didn't see an option for "dalvik" and tbh I'm never sure what that means when I read it on the forum). Tried restoring, but same error.

I flashed Myn Warm TwoPointTwo (the only ROM I have on my sdcard aside from Myn Warm Z). And I am back in!

Now, the issue of restoring still bothers me, as it would be nice to have all my data back. I don't want to press the issue, however, and screw something up (I've been messing with this all day and am a little frustrated). Do you think it's safe to get back into recovery and try to restore my past restore point?

Thank a TON for your help, man!

6. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    no worries, try making a nandroid backup, reboot, then try and restore that backup you just made. if that works then try a previous backup.

one word on your current recovery. you have clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 and it only supports edify scripting. most roms and flashable .zips use amend scripting. so you may have issues with your current recovery. i would either downgrade to clockwork mod2.6 or switch to amon ra2.3 (the one i recommend). both support both types of scripting. you can get them here: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html along with instructions. but i will leave that decision up to you.

macron181 likes this.
  7. macron181

macron181 Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    Well, I was able to backup and restore a new recovery, but all the recoveries I had saved are still giving me the error. It's a bummer, but at least I know I can still make recoveries for the future.

Thanks again for your help, and for the suggestion on Clockwork/Amon RA recoveries. I'll check those out tomorrow.

8. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    yeah that sucks that your previous nandroid backups do not work now. well you know where to go for questions.

Tags: