• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Errors sending SMS?

When I originally got the phone, it was rooted and on 5.0.1 and I was getting an error sending an SMS. A message would flash on the bottom of the screen saying something about a Card Error and something else and -1. I'd open the Messenger app and it would say under the text I just sent Not sent. Touch to try again. and I would and it would appear to have sent only to have the recipient say they got it twice.

Figured it was an error with whatever image was on the phone and wiped it, flashed stock image 5.1.1 and set everything back up again but the problem still persists. It's not very often or consistent but it does still happen. It doesn't throw the error on any one thread or recipient, it has happened to pretty much everyone I have sent a text to.

I've searched and don't really see anyone else as having that problem. I'm on Verizon and they've been worthless as far as helping to see if it's an issue with their end or the phone. Their only advice is wipe and try again.

Thanks for taking a look and helping if you can.

I've switched to Hangouts and still get the problem with an SMS not sending but not as frequently.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones