1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Errors uploading APK to market

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by behrapps, Mar 21, 2011.

1. behrapps

behrapps Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I am new to android development and I am trying to load my first app to the market. I am on the Developer Console but when I choose my .apk file and hit the upload button I get and error that I have exceeded the size limit and to please check if it exceeds the size limit. But my .apk file is only 462KB so I am guessing this error must mean something else. That is with IE, using firefox it says something about parsing the msg and a JSON error. All of my google searches find people with very large .apk files exceeding the actual limit so I have not found any other reason for this. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue. i did create the .apk file using Eclipse and the keystore it created with the wizard. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Aselby

Aselby Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Did you zipalign your apk after you exported the signed apk

3. behrapps

behrapps Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I had read that if you used the Ecipse export tool that you didn't need the zipalign, is that not correct? As I said this is my first time pub to the market so it could be something I am doing wrong creating the .apk file. The file is less than half a meg so it doesn't seem to be a size issue.