1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ES File Explorer - Access SD Card on Android from PC

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by colinobj, May 3, 2015.

1. colinobj

colinobj Lurker

Hi I'm new to Android so bear with me.

I want to browse and copy files on my Andoid tablet (a Tesco Hudl) from my Windows7 PC.

I have ES File Explorer on the tablet -its the latest version. Ive enabled "Remote Manager", and this has given me an IP address ftp://192.168.1.64:3721/

Ive gone into win7 File explorer, and added this as a network location. File explorer can see a series of folders .BD_SAPI_CACHE down to Wondershare, followed by a file called app_getstarted_apps_content.json.

I can browse these folders, but I'm guessing this is the main memory in the tablet, as the folders named Pictures and Movies don't contain the files that I know are on the SD card in the tablet.

So I try adding a network location ftp://192/168.1.64:3721/sdcard0 and I get an error back saying:
    FTP Folder error
    An error occured opening the folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access this folder.
    Details 550 Failed to change directory

Ive no idea whether the suffix should be sdcard0 - Ive also tried sdcard and external_sd with the same result.

So, do I need to add a suffix to the IP address in order to access the SD card? What should it be? Do I need to do something to give access permission?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Have you tried putting this:

ftp://192.168.1.64:3721/

into the address line of your browser(not as a network location - just as an address)? I use filezilla as the app on the PC to help with handling the files from my phone (using ftp)

Roger

3. colinobj

colinobj Lurker

Thanks Roger.
    I did try exactly that and got the same result. The same listof folders, which I could browse and open - but not pictures and movies on the SD card in the tablet.