1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Espn.com

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ska11153, May 23, 2011.

1. ska11153

ska11153 Newbie

EPIC owners, can you please post if you are able to go to espn.com and play videos or not?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. badankles

badankles Android Expert

yes and yes.

3. ska11153

ska11153 Newbie

do you remember if when you got your phone you had to do anything to make them work? When I try to play a video off of espn.com it opens the media player and acts like it is loading the video, and then it says "Sorry this video cannot be played"

4. badankles

badankles Android Expert

sorry, i don't remember having to do anything. here are a couple of things to try, but i don't know if these has any direct impact:

1) go to market and install flash player, if not already
    2) go to browser settings and check Enable JavaScript
    3) browser settings, select either Always on (not recommended) or On demand under Enable plug-ins
    4) browser settings, clear cache and clear cookie data

i'm assuming you are using the stock Internet app, but these options should be available in most other browser apps.

5. ska11153

ska11153 Newbie

So I have figured out that if I am connected to 3G or 4G the videos play. It is only when I am connected to WIFI that the videos don't play and get the message. Further, it looks like when I am on WIFI that the site is actually sending the phone to a different link to play the vidoe. Has anyone else experienced this?

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews